AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my Onkyo TX-SR606 because of HDMI board problems. Looking at the Onkyo TX-NR709 or Yamaha RXV671. Which would you recommend? Using the Polk RM6750 5.1 sub and speakers.

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts
Those are very similar in price and features. I like the Audyssey MultEQ XT that comes with the 709. If the Yamaha's room correction is as good then it'd be a coin toss for me.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The 671 is more equivalent to the 609; the 709 is a cut above like the 871 IMO. I would go with the 709 for several reasons: I prefer Audyssey and the 671's YPAO is like 2EQ not MultEQ XT; Dynamic EQ and Volume are much better to my ear than Yamaha's Adaptive DRC; the current Onkyo line has excellent amp sections; the 709 has preouts; and the 709 includes Dolby Volume which I like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went with Onkyo. Went to order it through Amazon and they are not selling it due to problems: "Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

After reading this and the reviews of the 709, I decided against it and went with TX-NR809 instead. I know its a little over kill for my system but the reviews are good and it has more options over the 609.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Smart move. There is no such thing as overkill when it comes to home theatre.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure where you live, But I just got the TX-NR709 at 6th ave electronics, they price matched it to BHPhotovideo (which is a pain to get parking at) and is actually an authorized retailer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.