AVS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant  /t/1524554/onkyo-tx-nr737#post_24537189

I was planning to buy TX-NR 727. Would it make sense to wait for it?

Essentially: Should I wait for 737 to be available if it is feature rich? Or should I go ahead and buy 727 if 737 is not really a step up.

I believe the current price for 727 is already adjusted taking into account the eminent release of 737.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was looking at the 727 too. Then I found the 818 for $49 more and cannot decide what to buy. The 818 has XT 32 and more power.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
The sound quality of all Onkyo receivers is bright and edgy; it makes the hair stand up on my neck.

They distort more than most when driving real SPEAKERS, which are 100 times harder to drive than an 8 ohm resistor on a test bench.

For a receiver that will SOUND BETTER driving your speakers, because it has less distortion, get a NAD T748 or T758.

·
Registered
326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriadcorp  /t/1524554/onkyo-tx-nr737#post_24537682

I was looking at the 727 too. Then I found the 818 for $49 more and cannot decide what to buy. The 818 has XT 32 and more power.

For me XT32 alone will tip the scale in favor of 818 (which i have ) over 727 even if it cost $100.00 more all things being equal.

The difference in power should be a non issue.

Audyssey XT32 is where its at.

Heck i'd even pick the 818 over the 828 if the 818 cost more simply because one has XT32 and the other does not!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Who asked about a NAD?

Reactions: Kini62

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any Audyssey Dynamic EQ equivalent in Onkyo TX-NR737/838?

I consider buying TX-NR737 and have a question if there is the equivalent of Audyssey Dynamic EQ build in TX-NR737? I just listen to music with low volumes and need something like [automatic] loudness. For some time I had receiver with Audyssey and I find Audyssey Dynamic EQ very useful. Please explain if any counterpart is implemented in 737/838?

·
Registered
186 Posts
737 updates

I just received my 737 today. Still experimenting but seems to sound nice. One problem that concerns me though: Receiver confirms that network is shaking hands and all is well, but when I try to check for firmware updates it says "unable to check for updates." What's that all about? Anyone else have this problem? I'll have to return it if I can't resolve this situation.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I just received my 737 today. Still experimenting but seems to sound nice. One problem that concerns me though: Receiver confirms that network is shaking hands and all is well, but when I try to check for firmware updates it says "unable to check for updates." What's that all about? Anyone else have this problem? I'll have to return it if I can't resolve this situation.
Mine says the same thing I'm wired and it shows a good connection, so I'm assuming it means there are no updates at the moment, at least I hope that's what it is. I went to the onkyo web site and saw there are no updates for it yet.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I just noticed something very peculiar I have a samsung PN51F 5500 smart tv it has HBOGO when I replaced my TX-NR 616 with this new TX-NR 737 I started getting no access to HBOGO keeps asking me to reactivate the device I try typing in the code and it keeps saying can't activate at this time. I unhooked the receiver tried HBOGO without the receiver connected to the TV HBOGO works fine??? To make a long story short I hooked everything back up changed video mode to bypass bingo now HBOGO now works fine, if I put it in custom mode HBOGO
Doesn't work.
Just thought I would share that if anyone has the same issue

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine says the same thing I'm wired and it shows a good connection, so I'm assuming it means there are no updates at the moment, at least I hope that's what it is. I went to the onkyo web site and saw there are no updates for it yet.
I had the the Onkyo 838 (returned because it was defective and I wasn't happy with it overall). It did the same thing on mine. It's most likely because there are no updates. The initial firmware seemed a bit buggy to me. Onkyo really needs to work out the kinks in it. I also noticed some issues with DLNA which I didn't have with my current Onkyo (HT-RC370). The Bluetooth worked really well know though. I may be in the minority, but I think Onkyo really needs a fresh UI.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just got this 737 receiver tonight. Hooked everything up and got no audio on TV when receiver is turned off. Pass through settings are set correctly. I even called Onkyo support to confirm.

Anyone else experience this problem? Want to double check before I return it.

I have a Samsung UN55F8000 TV and I cannot find a receiver that works well with it. Could also be my AT&T cable box causing issues. Not sure.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought th NR737, looking forward to receiving it.

In addition to sounding great with my system, I plan on integrating with my SONOS and Vera Home automation setup.

Polk RTI speakers, Denon Blu-Ray, URC Remote, Tivo & FIOS.

Anyone using Atmos with the 737?

·
Premium Member
91,717 Posts

·
Premium Member
91,717 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
I had it. An excellent performer. The only reason that I do not have it now is that I moved up to a TX-NR1030 to get 5.1.4. The 737 will only do 5.1.2. And, yes, you can tell the difference.

I have always liked Onkyo. Still do.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thinking about purchasing the TX-NR737, wanting to use it with a whole house audio system for zones 2 & 3. I will only be using 5.1 in the main room. Has anyone used the app to connection to the system?

Thanks

Ken

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just ordered this receiver. Bought refurbished. It will be replacing an Onkyo TX-NR706 that I've had for a few years, and is having HDMI issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts