AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A local store has a Onkyo TX-NR807 for ~$500. Its either an open box or returned unit, not sure yet. I'm not up to date with what is available but it seemed like a good deal to me. I'm curious to hear what you guys think? Can I do better for around that price?

Feel free to ask any questions that might help you advise.

Thanks.

·
Banned
418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG30 /forum/post/19544959

Hello,

A local store has a Onkyo TX-NR807 for ~$500. Its either an open box or returned unit, not sure yet. I'm not up to date with what is available but it seemed like a good deal to me. I'm curious to hear what you guys think? Can I do better for around that price?

Feel free to ask any questions that might help you advise.

Thanks.

Not bad, I picked up a 3007 at bb for 630 plus tax, a week ago. I'm now just getting to it. I left it on over night, nothing hook-up just to test it, I can't believe how hot it gets doing nothing! Its is hottest in the back by the video broads, the fan has even cycled on/off at times. I will be hooking it up this weekend.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I could find something that heavily discounted (Onkyo 3007).

There is the Pioneer VSX-1120 that I can get for under $500 and cheaper than the Onkyo 807. Would this be a better overall receiver than the Onkyo?

I'm sure Denon and Yamaha have comparable models to the Pioneer as well. Would any of those be a better purchase?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts