AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone had problems connecting to the internet or streaming internet radio with your Onkyo TX-807? I've only seen one other thread here with a similar problem.

I've been having issues with mine since I bought it 3 months ago. I had it working nicely with Pandora and vTuner for a while. Then one day it couldn't find the router. I unplugged the router for a while and after re-plugging it started working. A few weeks later it just stopped connecting again. I did a hard reset of the Onkyo and everything seemed to work but a few days later it stoped seeing the router again. I bought a new Belken router and after doing another hard reset of the Onkyo seemed to connect and stream music once more.

Now a few days after the new router and the hard reset I've got different problems. Onkyo and the router are seeing each other and I can hook up to Pandora tand vTuner. I can add stations and see my added stations but when I try to stream any music I get the message "Can Not Play" and Onkyo just cycles through the station list telling me it "Can Not Play".

I have the same problem streaming music with both Pandora and the built in vtuner.

I have a call into Onkyo Support but the person that handles this problem wont be available till Monday. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I got it working again thanks to a post I found on this forum. Thanks!!!

Here's what I did:

Pushed the standby button on the Onkyo and turned off the unit

I unplugged the Onkyo power cable

I Unplugged the Net cable from the back of the Onkyo

I Waited a few minutes and re-plugged both cables back in

I Turned Onkyo on and went to the Net function and the Internet radio stations were able to stream music again!

Hope all is well now. I'll just have to wait and see.

As a side note; when all this started this last time I noticed that I had my Zone 2 turned on and set to the Net. It had been that way for a few days. I wonder if keeping Zone 2 tuned to the net had anything to do with keeping me from streaming internet music or locking me out of the router???

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a similar problem and I'm wondering if getting the firmware updates will fix both of our problems. Mine will be fine for a while and then all of the sudden I get errors on HDMI out and get no picture. I'm getting tired of having to reset and rebuild the configuration every couple of months. My Denon was NEVER like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts