AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what is the better unit for a pre-pro. I would like to have pro logic z but no real need if the 886p is better. They are the same price approx.

Are balanced outputs necessary?

I have bell hdtv 920 same as dishnet dual tuner pvr

ps3

xbox 360 and hd-dvd player.

I also stumbled on the integra DTR-30.1 which seems great.Maybe that would suit my needs.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I believe the 886 has the full version of MultEQ which is labeled MultEQ XT. The 886 is a three DSP design where the 807 is two.

If you don't need the internal amps then go with the 886.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
If you want DPllz, make sure you get it. The 887 (renamed to PR-SC5507) should be out in September which will have it. This would allow a 9.2 setup where the 807 will not. On the 807 you would have to choose front or rears, can't have both.

Here is a preview from an English website.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Refurbs will usually pop up a month or two after release. The deals get better as time goes on, but you can still save a lot of money in the near future with refurbs. If you wait until next July the newer low end models will be out and you may want new features that don't exist yet. This hobby can suck because technology evolves so fast. I would love llz, but I can wait. I am still very happy with my 805. It does exactly what I need it to.

·
Banned
374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/17032296

If you want DPllz, make sure you get it. The 887 (renamed to PR-SC5507) should be out in September which will have it. This would allow a 9.2 setup where the 807 will not. On the 807 you would have to choose front or rears, can't have both.

Here is a preview from an English website.

The new processor is looking very good, can't wait for some reviews.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild22 /forum/post/17032357

I guess I will wait it out I am guessing by next July we should see a4l with refurbs of the 5007

Depends how much the newer features are worth to you... but it appears that the newer pre-pro does have XT and PLIIz.

Personally I would go for a closeout on last year's model if it hit the right price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts