AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a refurb TX-NR807 from A4L. Was working fine for the first hour or so. Noticed the sound out of my right speaker wasn't as loud as the left.

Went to set up Audyessy - went through the setup, left speaker beeped 10 times, went to the other speakers.. got over to the right speaker, 10 beeps .. a pause, 5 more beeps.. then a loud click, everything shuts off.

Receiver won't come back on -- just clicks then returns to standby after a couple seconds. Unplugged *everything* from the receiver, no luck. Unplugged power cord, back in, no luck.

Manual says to wait an hour .. I got impatient, waited 30 minutes, and tried -- nothing. Waiting an hour this time, but am very concerned. Could I have toasted the receiver that easily with my (assumedly) bad speaker?!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I don't think you had anything to do with this. Unless you have a shorted speaker wire or a blown speaker. In that case the receiver should only go into protect mode. What you are experiencing is usually not fixable by doing a reset. It seems you just got a bad receiver. Once the receiver has the flashing standby light a reset usually can't even be performed. I would suggest sending it back for a replacement. Check your return policy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts