AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my old Yamaha RX-V995 receiver with something a bit more modern. I've been out of the loop for a while, so I'm hoping to get some advice.

Here are some things I'm looking to get out of it:

1 - I'm intrigued by these new Windows Media HD DVDs Microsoft is behind, I use a HTPC for my DVD playback. So, decoding WMA is desired.

2 - Pro Logic II for older material.

3 - Component video switching. The more the better.

4 - More digital audio inputs.

5 - Input labeling (so I can label the inputs exactly what my components are - just a pet peeve).

Looking around, the Onkyo caught my eye. I also used to own an Onkyo years back, and was very happy with it.

Anyone current owners know if the Onkyo fits all the above needs? I wasn't sure about the input labeling, and I wish it had more than 2 component inputs, but I guess that's livable.

Any other receivers anyone could recommend?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mike,

I'm having the TX-601 delivered to my house on Monday. In preparation, (cause I'm like a lil kid waiting for Santa) I downloaded the owners manual from Onkyo's web site. From what gather the 601 meets your needs, as no doubt, do other models. Anyway, cruise over to Onkyo.com and have a look see at the manuals. Best of luck in your quest.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you don't mind refurbs then you might consider ecost.com for

Item Number: 380445

Description: TX-NR801 Home theater receiver with THX Select, Dolby Digital

[Order Totals]

SubTotal: $539.00

Shipping: $48.95

Handling & Processing Fee: $5.93

Tax: n/a

Grand Total: $593.88

I was after the 901 until I found this price. They are supposed to be back in stock by the 30th.

Probably the only drawback is that it only has 90 day parts and labor warrenty. But they do offer extended warranties up to 4 years.

TX-NR801

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
>> Shipping: $48.95

OMG, That's just criminal and then they have the nerve to add $5.93 handeling fee, you've got to be kidding, right?

I just payed actual shipping on an 90 lb MC amp and it was

·
Registered
21 Posts
I felt like the shipping was outragous, and that it was high to make up for such a low price. I just considered that I was gettting it for just under $600 and that was a good deal since I had paid $999 + tax at Circus City for the same thing last month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.