AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 1200 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
good morning

in 2016 onkyo new avr rz-1000 and rz-3000 whit new calibration mutch power whit class D ,eventually summer 2016.

FOR THIS MOMENT ,I dont know price see this new is french new avcesar.com
What's new about the calibration?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looking at the 900, what are the latest thoughts on this unit? I'm coming out of a lower end htib onkyo that fried. Also, I've been looking at 9.2 units and Denon and Marantz stuff.

·
Registered
999 Posts
What's new about the calibration?

Maybe they've decided to ditch AccuEQ and go back to Audyssey.
One can only hope.

Also does anyone think that there will be a January sell on the RZ900?
Seems to me, that a lot of retailers offer bigger deals on electronics, during January.
Stores traditionally have January white sales.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looking at the 900, what are the latest thoughts on this unit? I'm coming out of a lower end htib onkyo that fried. Also, I've been looking at 9.2 units and Denon and Marantz stuff.
I'm curious myself how it compares to even the 3030 that is much more expensive and much older. Apart from the additional channels, why is the 3030 so much more expensive and heavier? Even my old Onkyo 876 weighs 51 lbs. Is the RZ900 of cheaper quality?

·
Registered
531 Posts
onkyo tx-nr3030 have 11 chanels ,that why is very heavy and his excellent receiver:) but is not have dts-x ,I THINK the new rz-1000 and rz-3000 make one more time révolution in news receivers 2016.I not shure but I think the new power system calibration is maybe samethingfrom pioneer (macc)onkyo buy pioneer ,will sea.:eek:

·
Registered
388 Posts
onkyo tx-nr3030 have 11 chanels ,that why is very heavy and his excellent receiver:) but is not have dts-x ,I THINK the new rz-1000 and rz-3000 make one more time révolution in news receivers 2016.I not shure but I think the new power system calibration is maybe samethingfrom pioneer (macc)onkyo buy pioneer ,will sea.:eek:
I can't find any info regarding the RZ-1000.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also picked up an Onkyo TX-RZ800 refurb for my basement theater setup, to replace my TX-SR605.

System includes:
Visio M75-C1 4K UHD TV
Samsung BD-UP5000 Combo Player
Def Tech UIW RLS II L+R
Def Tech UIW 75 Center
Def Tech UIW 65 Surrounds
Def Tech SuperCube I Sub

OneCall shipped it quickly and double boxed. It appears brand new with not a scratch, however there was a firmware update that I followed through with.

During setup the first thing I noticed was no traditional 6.1 support, only the 6.1 (minus center) they came up with. So my first AccuEQ calibration was done at 7.1 but only using one rear speaker. AccuEQ sure throws out some loud test blasts compared to Audyssey. Now the manual claims traditional 6.1 is unsupported, however I haven't heard any problems yet since both rears would use the same signal. I may try switching to 5.1 for a test since that's what most of my content uses anyway.

Overall it sounds very clear. My first movie was Avatar and I noticed fine background details in some of scenes that I haven't before. One negative is that it seems to be missing the punch/impact that my other system's TX-SR805 can deliver. I haven't messed with the user EQ settings yet, mainly because I was hoping I wouldn't have to. Also since my front speakers are relatively new, I'll try recalibrating again after their break in period. I think I'll also try different crossover points.

Lastly I thought I'd like the ARC feature, however I play with the volume a lot when watching Blu-ray music concerts and with ARC I don't care for the Vizio OSD volume meter constantly popping up. I'm probably going to go back to digital optical out so that I can keep the device volume controls independent. Thankfully Onkyo still lets me disable their OSD feedback.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but that's my initial comment and hope it helps others with their decisions.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Last night I recalibrated my system for 5.1 and left the default crossover points that AccuEQ determined. Now I feel and hear more punch/impact.

Def Tech UIW RLS II L+R 80Hz
Def Tech UIW 75 Center 40Hz
Def Tech UIW 65 Surrounds 50Hz
Def Tech SuperCube I Sub 120Hz

The loss in punch/impact I mentioned earlier appears to be the result of lowering my main L+R speakers crossover from 80Hz to 40Hz as Definitive Technology recommends. I had expected these large Inwalls with dual passive radiators to produce better bass given the lower frequency input. However it seems like those lower frequencies go to the Sub with the higher cutoff at 80Hz and that's what I interpret as more punch/impact.

Before returning the crossover point to 80Hz, I also played with the Onkyo's "Phase Matching Bass" feature. This also provided the punch/impact I was wanting, however it didn't sound as natural at higher volumes. After reading a bit about this feature online, I've learned the Sub level can be reduced up to 3dB with this feature enabled.

So now at least I'm a bit happier with the TX-RZ800 but I still have some playing around to do and perhaps I can find the sweat spot I'm hoping for.

·
Registered
538 Posts
The following was released last night. Let's hope Onkyo has more to announce.

UPPER SADDLE RIVER, NJ, January 4, 2016 – As it heads into CES 2016, Onkyo USA today unveiled additional details for the products being highlighted at the leading consumer electronics show. On display in the Bassano #2602 meeting room at the Venetian Hotel, Onkyo’s lineup includes the DP-X1, the company’s highly anticipated digital audio player (DAP), as well as its new network stereo receiver, the TX-8140.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I just ordered the Onkyo TX-RZ900 ($800 on ebay, open box with a small chip on top left corner) to replace my the receiver in my living room. As long as it functions the same as new, the $400-500 saving will be worth a chip that I can't see in my audio cabinet. I'll see how it works out, if any problems the store is offering 100% refund and return shipping on them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just ordered the Onkyo TX-RZ900 ($800 on ebay, open box with a small chip on top left corner) to replace my the receiver in my living room. As long as it functions the same as new, the $400-500 saving will be worth a chip that I can't see in my audio cabinet. I'll see how it works out, if any problems the store is offering 100% refund and return shipping on them.
I saw that one on ebay. You got a really good deal. Let us know how it works out. Waiting for Amazon to drop to 1000 then I'll probably pull the trigger.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I received it yesterday and hooked it up. The damage that was described actually looks more like a bad weld point and is so small that it is barely noticeable. I can't see it in the cabinet so all is good. The receiver did a pretty good job at setting the crossover points. It recognized that I am using large fronts and surrounds that have 15 inch woofers in them and set the crossover points to take advantage of those woofers. I'm still tweaking the subwoofer settings. I've got the following all hooked via HDMI: Xfinity X1 cable, Yamaha CD changer, Sony BDP-S6500, Sony PS4, and Apple TV. All video sources look great on my Sony TV and the sound is what I expected. I wanted something to replace my Onkyo TX-NR838 as far as power was concerned. I did rewire all speakers with 12AWG wire while I was at it.

I saw that one on ebay. You got a really good deal. Let us know how it works out. Waiting for Amazon to drop to 1000 then I'll probably pull the trigger.[/QUOTE

·
Registered
76 Posts
I received it yesterday and hooked it up. The damage that was described actually looks more like a bad weld point and is so small that it is barely noticeable. I can't see it in the cabinet so all is good. The receiver did a pretty good job at setting the crossover points. It recognized that I am using large fronts and surrounds that have 15 inch woofers in them and set the crossover points to take advantage of those woofers. I'm still tweaking the subwoofer settings. I've got the following all hooked via HDMI: Xfinity X1 cable, Yamaha CD changer, Sony BDP-S6500, Sony PS4, and Apple TV. All video sources look great on my Sony TV and the sound is what I expected. I wanted something to replace my Onkyo TX-NR838 as far as power was concerned. I did rewire all speakers with 12AWG wire while I was at it.[/QUOTE
Any improvement in power and sound over the 838?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I setup my RZ800 this past weekend. I LOVE it. At this point i have no complaints. I used the AccuEQ but went back and tweaked the settings.

·
Registered
538 Posts
The reason I went with the RZ900 was to have at least or more power than the 838. The 838 had the power for my room and setup and I have to say that the RZ900 has the power also. I may be like many and "think" the sound is better when new equipment is added. I did get rid of almost 10 year old wiring that had to be on its' last leg, so that might also make a bit of difference. I will have to say that I do think that the AccuEQ is an improvement but still has a long way to go. I do realize that often room correction from any company often needs manual tweaking. Another thing, I have found that is that all our hearing tends to be different. I absolutely can not hear certain tones due to an explosion years ago, so this definitely has an effect on how I have to set my audio systems. To make matters even more complicated, when I wear my in-ear hearing devices, the calibration seems off.....I guess I should just wear them all the time and calibrate for that.

Any improvement in power and sound over the 838?

·
Registered
531 Posts
MODÈLES REMPLACER ONKYO RZ 2106

TX-RZ1000 9.2 CHANELS
TX-NR3000 11.2 CHANELS
NEW CLASS D
NOUVEAU Système de calibrage WHIT COLLABORATION ET ENSEMBLE PIONEER ONKYO MACC PRO PLUS:D
NEW HDR de système de balayage (HAUTE PLAGE DYNAMIQUE):eek:
Dolby Atmos et DTS-X?
ALL HDMI HDCP 2.2 :D
PRIX
TX-NR1000 environ 2000 US
TX-NR3000 environ 2500 US
VENTE Début Fin SUPPOSE DE MARS AVRIL OU

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just received the RZ900 from Amazon but immediately found something wrong. The front panel would droop open and not sit completely flush with the unit when pressed closed. Has anyone else seen this? It slowly drifts down about 1/2 inch and then sits at an angle. I called Onkyo support and was told it should def sit flush with unit, but I've seen pictures of other units online and even on youtube vids where the panel sits slightly ajar.

Now I'm nervous to order a replacement. Any info/pictures would be helpful if you are an owner.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mine does not do have that problem. Why would you be nervous to get a replacement? Amazon is good about that. I did a google of images and saw mostly pictures that showed the front panel all the way down or all the way open. I did see a couple that were taken at angle that might make it look slightly open, but I think it is an illusion since the panel is sticks out slightly from the display. I just opened and closed mine, and it closed completely with no drooping. I'd go with the advice from Onkyo and return it for a replacement.

I just received the RZ900 from Amazon but immediately found something wrong. The front panel would droop open and not sit completely flush with the unit when pressed closed. Has anyone else seen this? It slowly drifts down about 1/2 inch and then sits at an angle. I called Onkyo support and was told it should def sit flush with unit, but I've seen pictures of other units online and even on youtube vids where the panel sits slightly ajar.

Now I'm nervous to order a replacement. Any info/pictures would be helpful if you are an owner.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Z800 running for a week now :)

Replacing older Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver (loved it) due to blown Subwoofer Output.

Recently purchased RZ800 from Crutchfield for my 7.2 system and has been running for about a week. Didn't use the Auto Eq to calibrate as I'm using my ears and years and years of car audio/home theatre experience to tune to my "abused ears" taste. Primary use for this is to watch movies and prefer to leave music experience for when in my SUV. Lots of gadgets in it!
My system and review so far...

Samy 60" 7500 HDTV (waiting for it to break down to replace with new 80" samy 4k)
Samy BD player
Polk CSi6 Center
Polk RTi12 Front L/R
Polk FXi30 side surround (replaced older polk towers less obtrusive wife complained)
Polk RTiA5 rear surround
Two Klipsch SW-115 Subs @ 30% gain

First of all HUGE overall improvement in sound! Very pleased with my $1200 receiver.

Pros:
weighs much less than 805 so its easier to plug and play move around and setup
runs way cooler so hopefully should last to infinity and beyond!
Klipsch 15" subwoofers came ALIVE (were at 60% with 805 now at 30% Gain) had to turn down gains cause they went BOOM a little too much!
Onkyo App makes life so much easier especially in darkness when watching movies. allows lots of tuning on audio, inputs, listening modes, subwoofer level, volume etc LOVE THE APP even wife downloaded it and approves of Onkyo App a MUST DO
Bluetooth for endless music from my iPhone 6Plus
Downloaded latest Firmware update via wireless took less than 10 Minutes very fast
Many more Pros but at moment can't think of them will update as I keep playing with it

Cons:
remote doesn't light up but no biggie due to Onkyo App
DTS X format only has 2 movies out there Both which SUCK due to lack of action so surrounds didn't really get workout (disappointed until newer movies worth buying come out)

Anyways so far so good only thing i miss from my older 805 is lack of THX Neural 7.1 which came in very handy when watching tv or regular disc dvds. I loved Neural 7.1 and was always my go to over other listening modes of course except when BD movies were in DTS HDMA7.1 or Dolby True HD 7.1 For the moment I really don't care to experiment with height or in ceiling speakers, although I have set of Polk Audio in closet collecting dust, as i'm pleased with my 7.2 setup so this is why i didn't opt for much more expensive or "better" receiver as i simply don't need all that BS for now. For me this Z800 works perfectly and sounds amazing. The OSD as others stated is in a perfect location but again the Onkyo App on iPhone is what I go by. No regrets here so far and again i'm perfectly happy with it at least for what i've used it for so far. Any questions feel free to ask away as I'll gladly answer if I can!

Thx!

:):)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Replacing older Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver (loved it) due to blown Subwoofer Output.

Recently purchased RZ800 from Crutchfield for my 7.2 system and has been running for about a week. Didn't use the Auto Eq to calibrate as I'm using my ears and years and years of car audio/home theatre experience to tune to my "abused ears" taste. Primary use for this is to watch movies and prefer to leave music experience for when in my SUV. Lots of gadgets in it!
My system and review so far...

Samy 60" 7500 HDTV (waiting for it to break down to replace with new 80" samy 4k)
Samy BD player
Polk CSi6 Center
Polk RTi12 Front L/R
Polk FXi30 side surround (replaced older polk towers less obtrusive wife complained)
Polk RTiA5 rear surround
Two Klipsch SW-115 Subs @ 30% gain

First of all HUGE overall improvement in sound! Very pleased with my $1200 receiver.

Pros:
weighs much less than 805 so its easier to plug and play move around and setup
runs way cooler so hopefully should last to infinity and beyond!
Klipsch 15" subwoofers came ALIVE (were at 60% with 805 now at 30% Gain) had to turn down gains cause they went BOOM a little too much!
Onkyo App makes life so much easier especially in darkness when watching movies. allows lots of tuning on audio, inputs, listening modes, subwoofer level, volume etc LOVE THE APP even wife downloaded it and approves of Onkyo App a MUST DO
Bluetooth for endless music from my iPhone 6Plus
Downloaded latest Firmware update via wireless took less than 10 Minutes very fast
Many more Pros but at moment can't think of them will update as I keep playing with it

Cons:
remote doesn't light up but no biggie due to Onkyo App
DTS X format only has 2 movies out there Both which SUCK due to lack of action so surrounds didn't really get workout (disappointed until newer movies worth buying come out)

Anyways so far so good only thing i miss from my older 805 is lack of THX Neural 7.1 which came in very handy when watching tv or regular disc dvds. I loved Neural 7.1 and was always my go to over other listening modes of course except when BD movies were in DTS HDMA7.1 or Dolby True HD 7.1 For the moment I really don't care to experiment with height or in ceiling speakers, although I have set of Polk Audio in closet collecting dust, as i'm pleased with my 7.2 setup so this is why i didn't opt for much more expensive or "better" receiver as i simply don't need all that BS for now. For me this Z800 works perfectly and sounds amazing. The OSD as others stated is in a perfect location but again the Onkyo App on iPhone is what I go by. No regrets here so far and again i'm perfectly happy with it at least for what i've used it for so far. Any questions feel free to ask away as I'll gladly answer if I can!

Thx!

:):)

I have set of brand new RTI 12's sitting in my closet because I am worried my 636 wont have the power to make them work. Do you feel your RZ800 works well pushing them? If so I am thinking of upgrading.

121 - 140 of 1200 Posts