AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this unit from shoponkyo about 2 months ago. It is a refurb unit. Up till a few days ago, works flawlessly and have been happy with it.

The remote stopped working. I have replaced the batteries in it with fresh new ones. Nothing is blocking the unit and even at inches away it will not work. When I depress the buttons on the remote (volume/mode changes) the RECIEVER light lights up, so I know I am in the correct mode for the remote.

So, all indications is the remote should be working. But nothing happens on the receiver. Some threads reference maybe a zone change, but I do not find in the manual anything about zones for this low-end receiver.

So before I call onkyo support, I thought I would ask for any input from you find folks. Can you "RESET" a remote to factory, just in case something has changed in it? Is there a receiver "RESET" function? Is there some code I can type in to the remote to pair it up to the receiver, just in case somehow it got disconnected?

Any ideas?

Thanks guys

-Greg

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I don't know about the 304 specfically, but several other Onkyo receivers I've worked with had a procedure for wiping the remote memory and restoring the factory defaults. It doesn't sound like that's the cause of your problem, but then again, a refurb unit might have had a lot of custom stuff loaded in the remote by the first owner. It would at least be worth a try. Look near the back of the Onkyo manual. There should be pages on erasing a single custom device and others for restoring factory defaults.

One note, learned the hard way: these procedures call for things like removing the batteries, re-inserting them while holding a certain key down, then pressing "enter." By "enter" they mean the separate enter key near the bottom of the remote, NOT the one in the center of the navigation rosette. The directions are less than totally clear on this.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoffo,

Thanks for the response, but unfortunately the book does not mention anything about resetting the remote. Maybe in my other onkyo book it does, I will check that. But if you or anybody can link or tell me the procedure they use to RESET their onkyo remote, I would be happy to try it.

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts