AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble connecting my Xbox 360 to my TX SR506.

This is how I have it wired right now:

My Xbox is connected to the receivers Component IN 1 jacks. Then from the Component out on the receiver, I have component cables going into my TV.

I am getting the 360s video, but I get no audio. What gives? This thing has been a nightmare to setup.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Component only carries video, you'll have to run a separate connection for audio from the Xbox to the receiver. Not familiar with the Xbox but I think it has a Digital Optical output for audio, if not then run red and white composite cables to the receiver.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel stupid now. But if I can catch you real quick before you leave this topic, do you think it's safe to keep my receiver (the 506) on all the time?

I don't really see the difference between on and off, and the remote control situation doesn't allow me to easily power up and down the entire system without having to turn the Onkyo off by hand. Is it alright to keep it powered on all the time?

Thank you for your help and time

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I've had every receiver I've ever owned powered on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for years with no issues. In fact some theorize that power cycling electronics causes more harm than leaving them on, But that's a debate that will never end. Just make sure you have it in a location that it gets good airflow and you'll be fine.

Yes it draws more power and the tree huggers will think you're scum of the earth, but it's your receiver.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"tree huggers will think you're scum of the earth"

hehe....

On it will stay then!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the double post, but here goes another question:

Is there any way for me to set this thing up so that the component devices go in through the component Inputs, and have their signal sent to the TV through the HDMI output?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts