AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this receiver for a tad over 2 years but I only used it for about a year. It was working great and one day while I was gone my roommate moved some of my stuff. When he did this, he unplugged the receiver. Since then it hasn't worked properly. What it's doing...

-When the volume is turned up to 53 with no speakers plugged in the unit goes to standy

-If I just run a aux line in from an ipod to an 1/8 jack on the front and only 1 speaker plugged in, I can play music and hear it up to about 34 on the volume but past that the unit goes to standy.

-If both speakers (only running front left and right speakers) are plugged in the unit just goes to standby right off the bat, no music played at all (I have tested and each speaker works individually just not together).

It almost seems like maybe once the power amp is required to send more juice it just shuts itself off to protect it from frying? I have no idea...I am good with electronics in general but not receivers specifically. Any ideas or help would be great! Thanks guys!

-Matthew

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Hi Matthew, was the speakers connected to receiver with Banana Plugs or bare wires?

If bare wires, inspect speaker terminals (with a flash light) for any stray wire that may have got twisted off the speaker wire when removed.

Try doing a factory reset if you haven't done so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the factory reset and I'm still having the same issue.

About the wires, I've thoroughly inspected all of them and I posted that I've tried with 1 speaker at a time and with both speakers and get the same results. It even turns off with no speakers plugged in at all if you turn the volume up to like 73.

It doesn't look like a wiring issue to me but hey, since you mentioned it I will check all of it again for the 100th time lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.