AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get my MX-500 to control my TX-SR601 I've tried all of the codes in the book and I've tried scanning all codes. Is there anything else I can try besides inputting every button manually? Does anyone else have their 601 controlled by an MX-500? With what code?

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
You really shouldn't worry about having to learn commands to the MX-500. It's really the preferred way of programming the remote. With a receiver, even if the preprogrammed code works, you'll likely want to move or add some commands to the LCD-labeled buttons anyway. Once you've relabled those buttons, you can put the two remotes head to head and learn all the commands in two minutes.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... I guess I need to play more!

BTW, Mike, I bought it from you... :) Just arrived today! :)

Thanks...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Jnojr,

Just to make you feel better, I had to custom learn every key on my Pioneer Receiver into the MX-800, but with the quick learning feature, you can go from one key to the next relatively quickly. Mike is right, it takes very little time to do every function on the remote.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
In the case of the MX-700/800, you have a much larger preprogrammed database to work with (plus access to Pronto files), so learning is not necessary in many cases. However, if you need/want to, the batch learning feature makes it very fast.

When I used to use the 500, I relabeled most of the LCD-labled buttons to put my most-used commands on the most accessible LCD buttons (usually the bottom and top two are the easiest to find by feel). Also, many times the default label doesn't really reflect the function in a way that makes the most sense to you. Take some time with your initial programming of the 500 and you'll find it's even easier to use than your original remotes. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.