AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, this is my first post so please forgive if its in the wrong place or I sound like an idiot!

I saw an onkyo 605 for sale on ebay at rock bottom price
(broken of course) so decided I'd pick it up and have a go at a repair.

The problem seems to be that there is no output from any speaker at all, no hiss or crackle even when the volume is at 100. The front panel and all menus seem to work properly and I can here the relays clicking when the inputs are changed.

I've scoped the inputs to the volume porcessor (R2S15211FP) and it gets that far but there appears to be nothing coming out of that device to feed the pre-amps. The chip has power getting to it. Before I take a chance and hack the board to pieces changing the device does anyone have some ideas or experience of things I can try?

Could it be that the control from the front panel isn't getting to the chip to tell it to turn on?

I've searched the forum and found the service manual for the 705 and its fairly similar (all boards look the same and the part ID numbers and all that stuff.

As you can tell I'm a bit stuck so any ideas will be appreciated a lot!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, an update on the fault.

I've noticed that one of the zone two outputs is stuck at seven volts. all other channels are at zero, and the device is getting very warm compared to others. I reckon its definately fried!

Just need to try to get a supplier for the device, hopefully I can get a sample from someone!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Anyone with any further diagnostic advice?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts