AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I was hoping to get everyone's oppinon on the Onkyo TX-SR607 and the HT-RC160. They seem to be extremly similar in both price and supporting features. What are the differences and which one is better?

This will be the first receiver taht I have ever purchased. It will be located in my bedroom and I will be using it with my ps3 for both watching blu-ray movies and playing ps3 games. I also have a Toshiba REGZA 42ZV650U. As for speakers, nothing special, I have two rears, two fronts, and a center (no sub yet). The speakers are rated at 70 wats each.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsMultiAccount /forum/post/16911484

Hello All

I was hoping to get everyone's oppinon on the Onkyo TX-SR607 and the HT-RC160. They seem to be extremly similar in both price and supporting features. What are the differences and which one is better?

This will be the first receiver taht I have ever purchased. It will be located in my bedroom and I will be using it with my ps3 for both watching blu-ray movies and playing ps3 games. I also have a Toshiba REGZA 42ZV650U. As for speakers, nothing special, I have two rears, two fronts, and a center (no sub yet). The speakers are rated at 70 wats each.

"How Does the HTRC160 Compare to Other Onkyo Receivers?

The Onkyo HTRC160 is similar to the popular Onkyo TX-SR607 and has almost all of the same features. However, the HTRC160 trades a different styling on the volume knob, one less HDMI input, 10 fewer watts per channel, and lack of satellite radio support for a more affordable package and is perfect as an entry-level high-end receiver."

I'm getting one, when looking at the specs that count they are the same just a few less bells and whistles on the 160

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Just ordered the HT-RC160 about 5 minutes ago. Should be here tomorrow and I'll post my impressions.

Going by the specs, this thing is a steal.

Five 1.3a HDMI compliant inputs, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, 7.2 channels, 80 watts RMS, Audyssey 2EQ™, Faroudja DCDi Edge upscaling, 192 kHz/24-bit D/A's, can bi-amp the front speakers (nice for my B&W's), can pass 1080P 60hz and 24hz...

...all for a street price of $380. Dang.

Dan

·
Registered
29,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereomandan /forum/post/16914063

Just ordered the HT-RC160 about 5 minutes ago. Should be here tomorrow and I'll post my impressions.

Going by the specs, this thing is a steal.

Five 1.3a HDMI compliant inputs, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, 7.2 channels, 80 watts RMS, Audyssey 2EQ, Faroudja DCDi Edge upscaling, 192 kHz/24-bit D/A's, can bi-amp the front speakers (nice for my B&W's), can pass 1080P 60hz and 24hz...

...all for a street price of $380. Dang.

Dan

Or $50 less
http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/pro...52_a_7cHTRC160

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.