AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting one of these receivers within a month and was wondering what is the difference between these 2 other than the THX on the TX?

·
The Village Idiot
9,653 Posts
They are identical in nearly every respect. Comparing the two side by side shows less difference than the 607/RC160 had. Save the $100 for some DVDs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I figured. Just figured I asked because this will be my first receiver, I've always had HTIB's. Thanks

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Depending on when you want to buy, you can get the 608 from abt for under $400 with free shipping.

·
The Village Idiot
9,653 Posts
Onkyo paid for the THX cert on the 608 and must have thought the RC260 wasn't worth the extra coin. These two units should perform in exactly the same manner. I doubt one can be told from the other unless its by how much one paid.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogues /forum/post/18672298

Depending on when you want to buy, you can get the 608 from abt for under $400 with free shipping.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check abt out. They both come with the setup microphone correct?

·
Registered
1 Posts
One potential difference is that the TX-SR608 definitely has a fan but nobody seems to know if the HT-RC260 has a fan. Anybody know?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjchou /forum/post/18752606

One potential difference is that the TX-SR608 definitely has a fan but nobody seems to know if the HT-RC260 has a fan. Anybody know?

it's been confirmed on another forum that the rc260 has a fan as well

·
Registered
48 Posts
OK, I'm re-learning everything and need help - my last receiver was a Sherwood 7090 from ten years ago.

I have 4 devices (cable box, HD-DVD, PS3 and 360) all using HDMI. My goal is to reduce wires and clutter behind TV. More importantly I want to make it simple. Will the 260 allow me to use just the HDMI from each device for BOTH audio and video? I want to pass the video to te TV and audio to the surround speakers. Does this work or no?

Is there a reason this is a bad idea?

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts