• nice to have - not willing to pay $200 more

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I wanted to seek feedback from the collective intelligence of this forum. I am thinking of purchaisng Onkyo TX-SR608. But I read an online review that echoed following issues with Onkyo TX-SR608.

Issues reported by another user: "...That said, I must caution users that its value is marred by what appears to be a bug with its ability to pass through HDMI video signals unmolested, even in "Through" modes. This bug manifests itself in two ways: 1. 24 bit sources (like cable hdtv) are upconverted to 30 bit when output on a display; AND 2. for some inexplicable reason, 1080p 24fps sources stutter intermittently as if a frame is dropped. The latter might be more noticeable to plasma owners whereas 120hz and 240hz LCDs might compensate for the frame stuttering with their interpolation software (ie the soap opera effect). "

Question:

1) Has anyone noticed similar video issues with Onkyo SR608? If yes, what is the solution or recommendation?

2) How good is Onkyo SR608's video quality for pass through as well as when upscaling on a 52" Sony XBR4 LCD HDTV?

Thanks!

Sanjay

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm also wondering about this. I read that owners have to turn off a number of video options including the OSD to have truly pure signal pass back to the display to avoid these issues.

I really wonder what this does for the receivers usability not having the OSD option on.

**Fighting between this model and the very comparable pioneer vsx 1020.**

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.