AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Onkyo TX-SR674 currently in my living room. I have it hooked up to 7 surround Polk speakers. I would love to add four more speakers to two more areas of the house : the patio outside (outdoor speakers) and the kitchen area. However, "Zone 2" as I understand it only does two extra speakers. Is it possible to "split" these or would that be hugely detrimental to sound? It's probably a NOOB-ish quesiton; but how does Zone 2 work? Can I listen to the SAME THING I am listening to on my reciever? Also; I read in the manual that you can't accept digital sources for Zone 2. I would primarily be using either the XM radio that comes through my Dish Network system; or my ipod dock taht is hooked into the stereo. Would both those work? I believe the Dish reciever is hooked up using HDMI, although I have to check; it might be component. Thanks all !

IF I can onloy add 2 speakers; I will only put 2 outside for now.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parafly9 /forum/post/14271274

I have an Onkyo TX-SR674 currently in my living room. I have it hooked up to 7 surround Polk speakers. I would love to add four more speakers to two more areas of the house : the patio outside (outdoor speakers) and the kitchen area. However, "Zone 2" as I understand it only does two extra speakers. Is it possible to "split" these or would that be hugely detrimental to sound? It's probably a NOOB-ish quesiton; but how does Zone 2 work? Can I listen to the SAME THING I am listening to on my reciever? Also; I read in the manual that you can't accept digital sources for Zone 2. I would primarily be using either the XM radio that comes through my Dish Network system; or my ipod dock taht is hooked into the stereo. Would both those work? I believe the Dish reciever is hooked up using HDMI, although I have to check; it might be component. Thanks all !

IF I can onloy add 2 speakers; I will only put 2 outside for now.

Anyone

1 - 2 of 2 Posts