AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

I am looking to replace my Yamaha 5660 and I really like the HDMI up conversion but my tv is only 1080i and I have a few question I was hoping someone can answer for me.

1 - Will I still be able to up convert from component if only 1080i not 1080p?

2 - Will the HDMI pass through if the receiver is not on? MY DirecTV HD box is connected to my TV with HDMI and I would run it through the 674 but if it has to be on - dealbreaker.....

3 - Everyone is out of stock. Anyone know were to buy it?

Thanks!!

AJ

·
Registered
433 Posts
1) Keep in mind that the 674 does "upconversion", not upsampling. all it means is that whatever source you feed it (up to 1080i, i think) will then be transmitted via HDMI. It will not, however, take a lower resolution source and upsample it to a higher resolution (480p to 1080i, for instance). Thus, it will should work fine for you, but don't expect your 480i/p component/composite/s-video sources to be transmitted at 1080i; they will be transmitted as 480p via the HDMI connection.

2) The power DOES have to be on for it to pass HDMI through, to the best of my knowledge. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by leibniz /forum/post/0

1) Keep in mind that the 674 does "upconversion", not upsampling. all it means is that whatever source you feed it (up to 1080i, i think) will then be transmitted via HDMI. It will not, however, take a lower resolution source and upsample it to a higher resolution (480p to 1080i, for instance). Thus, it will should work fine for you, but don't expect your 480i/p component/composite/s-video sources to be transmitted at 1080i; they will be transmitted as 480p via the HDMI connection.

2) The power DOES have to be on for it to pass HDMI through, to the best of my knowledge. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks so much for your reply. Having to keep the receiver on while watching TV would really not work for me. I guess I get away with the 604 rather than the 674

Thanks again !!!!

AJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.