AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I went with the DTR 6.4 over the 701 because of the following: 24/192 DACs all around instead of mix of 24/96 and 24/192, three year warranty instead of two year warranty and most importantly, the digital bass management/time alignment option for the multichannel inputs on the DTR (not available on the 701). The 5.5 is based on the 602 not the 702, so that's a more direct comparison (though pricewise, the matchup you have makes sense). I made a careful examination of the feature sets between the Onkyo and the Integra before choosing. You should probably decide what features you want/need and go from there. Good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, just to be honest I haven't purchased a receiver in like 17 years (and it was a Onkyo).... We are moving into our new home at the end of the month and this will be my first surround sound system.... So, I guess I'm not sure what I need besides:

2nd Zone

Inputs needed for other components

I guess I'm a newb.... Man, I hate saying that about myself... Especially since I've been a programmer for many years... :) I'm supposed to be tech inclined...

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Matt_Smi...

Yes! However, the Integra model has A-Bus and an RS-232 port for control, as well as video upconversion of composite and s-video to component, whereas the Onkyo model only upconverts composite to S-Video.

Integra versions supposedly have better capacitors and other components than the Onkyo versions.

Eric

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by beam1
go with the 702 i just ordered it at a great price btw the silver version looks better

EEEeeeewwwww..... Sorry, I cannot handle silver tv's or other components...

Black all the way!!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.