AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I rarely post in this forum, but am looking for some advice today.

I have the Onkyo TX-SR705 down in my home theater and really enjoy the receiver. I just recently traded my old Sony ES777 (moment of silence for this wonderful piece of equipment) for a Pioneer VSX-1019. I know some of you will think I am nuts...but I am not really an audiophile and really needed the HDMI inputs for expanding hookups for equipment in the family room.

Anyway...now I am wondering which receiver is the better of the two (Onkyo or Pioneer)? I am thinking the best of the two should reside down in my home theater and the other in the family room. I am more into projectors and really do not know all the ins and outs of receivers. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Personally I would keep the Onkyo in the theater room. I had the 1019 in a 2-channel setup and although it's a nice AVR, I wouldn't feel confident it could adequately drive my HT setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.