AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a TX-SR705 yesterday and hooked it up only to find out that it's outputting extremely low volumes on the center channel. At first I thought it wasn't outputting anything at all until I tried raising the center speaker volume as well as the entire system volume to max and then could just barely hear anything coming out of the speaker. I tested the speaker elsewhere and it was fine, as was the wire, which leads me to think that the center channel amp is bad. Is there anything I could try before exchanging this unit?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. I know, but I thought it would be better to have it's own thread since it's a specific problem rather than getting potentially overlooked in a huge thread about multiple things regarding this receiver. A lot of forums would rather you create another thread, but if that's not the case here then I apologize.

2. Yes, the receiver has the center channel active and I tried using Audyssey, but practically no sound is coming out of the center speaker so it doesn't detect it.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Well, assuming a functioning speaker and good wire, go to Setup/Speaker Setup/5.Equalizer settings and turn off Audyssey. Then go back to 2.Speaker Config and set a crossover for the Center channel. Then go to 4.Level Calibration and see if you get any Center Channel output when you turn up the channel.

If not, exchange the receiver for a new one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, unfortunately that didn't work. Looks like I'll be exchanging this one for another. Thanks for your help, rdclark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts