AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

As suggested in another thread, i am coming to you to assist with how my speakers should be setup.

Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR707

Fronts: Definitive Technology BP2006TL

Center: Definitive Technology C/L/R2300

Surrounds: Definitive Technology BP2X

Rears: Polk Audio RC65i

Subs: none at the moment besides the 8" that are integrated with the fronts.

another member suggested that I run a digital coax cable from each of the sub preouts on the receiver to each BP2006 LFE input so the receiver recognizes the subs. After running Audyssey, you'll want to set all speakers to SMALL and raise their crossovers to 80hz.

I've also read to set the fronts and center to Large and the rest to small.

someone please set me straight!

quick spec for the Onkyo TX-SR707:

Quote:
D/A Converter: 24bit / 192kHz

Digital Sound Processor (DSP): Yes.

Surround System Class: 7.2 channel.

Response Bandwidth: 5 - 100000 Hz.

Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 106 dB.

Input Impedance: 47 KOhm.

Input Sensitivity: 200 mV.

Amplifier Output Details: 100 Watt - 8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.08 % - 7 channel(s) ( Surround ).

Additional Features Multi-room audio output, Bi-Amplifying, Audyssey DSX, On-screen display, THX Ultra2 certified, Sirius satellite radio ready, Audyssey MultEQ, Audyssey Dynamic EQ, Auto sound calibration
Specs for the BP2006TL towers:

Quote:
Frequency Response :19 Hz - 30 kHz

Impedance :Compatible with 8 Ohms outputs

Recommended Associated Amplifier Power :20 - 250 watts

Internal Amplifier Power :250 watts

A/V Receiver Crossover Setting :Large; Full Bandwidth

Power Requirements :110 volts Alternating Current (US) | 220 volts Alternating Current (International)

Inputs :One set of five way binding posts; One LFE input (optional)

Specs for the C/L/R2300 center channel:

Quote:
Driver Complement :One cast basket 8" subwoofer; Two cast basket 4-1/2" bass/midrange drivers; One 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter

Frequency Response :21 Hz - 30 kHz

Impedance :Compatible with 8 Ohm outputs

Sensitivity :91 dB

Recommended Associated Amplifier Power :20 - 250 watts

A/V Receiver Crossover Setting :Large; Full Bandwidth

Inputs :One pair of five way binding posts; One full range low level input

Power Requirements :110 volts Alternatring Current (US) | 220 volts Alternating Current (International)

Fuse :1.25 Amp 250V Slo Blo

Internal Amplifier Power :150 watts
Specs for the BP2X surrounds:

Quote:
Dimensions | (Metric) :9-3/16" W x 5-15/16" D x 14-1/2" H | 23.3 x 15.1 x 36.8 cm

Driver Complement :Two 1 inch aluminum dome tweeters; Two 5-1/4 inch high definition bass-midrange drivers

Frequency Response :45 Hz - 30 kHz

Impedance :Compatible with 8 Ohm outputs

Sensitivity :90 dB

Recommended Associated Amplifier Power :10 - 200 watts

A/V Receiver Crossover Setting :80 Hz

Inputs :One set of 5 way binding posts

I also have a set of in-wall polk audio RCi (not sure the the exact model. they came with my house) speakers for the rears.

Below are the specs for the RC65i which is what i believe are installed:

Quote:
Overall Frequency Response: 32Hz - 20kHz

Lower -3dB Limit: 60Hz

Upper -3dB Limit: 20kHz

Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms

Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-100 w/channel

Efficiency: 89 dB

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
The advantage of setting your speakers to small and using the LFE for the integrated subs is to leave that extra headroom for your higher frequencies. Low frequenciy sounds tend to each up power, so using the LFE and the built in amp on the tower for the sub allow that extra power for your higher frequencies which will make them sound better. This is how I would do it, but by all means hook it up both ways and see which setup you think sounds best.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I think the Def Tech BP2006 towers would only be "large" if the built in subwoofer was feed by the speaker level output for the L & R channels. If you wire the subwoofer separately for the LFE channel, then I would set them to small.

Experiment with the crossover for the L - C - R, 60Hz or maybe lower, side surrounds at 60 Hz, and rears at 80 Hz. But don't be afraid to experiment and listen to what sounds best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.