AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing this receiver. I need to feed both a HDTV and Video Projector (preferably simultaneously) with the two HDMI monitor outputs.

My question is: Are both outputs "live" at one time? If not, how do you switch between "HDMI Main" and "HDMI Sub"? I've studied the owners manual on-line and I'm not 100% sure about this.

Much appreciated,

Brian

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
No. Only one at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandx /forum/post/15562944

I am considering purchasing this receiver. I need to feed both a HDTV and Video Projector (preferably simultaneously) with the two HDMI monitor outputs.

My question is: Are both outputs "live" at one time? If not, how do you switch between "HDMI Main" and "HDMI Sub"? I've studied the owners manual on-line and I'm not 100% sure about this.

Much appreciated,

Brian

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you switch between HDMI monitor out 1 and 2 via the remote?

Thx,

Brian

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Using the Harmony One: Yes.

Using the Onkyo Remote: No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandx /forum/post/15564040

Can you switch between HDMI monitor out 1 and 2 via the remote?

Thx,

Brian

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was afraid of. I don't want to have to open the door on the front of the receiver every time I switch between my HDTV and Video projector.

Just curious, how can the Harmony One mimic pushing a front button on the receiver?

Thanks for your help,

Brian

·
Registered
266 Posts
Oh my goodness! I was just getting ready to upgrade my SR805 to the SR876 because I need multi-room with dual hdmi. Not only do I need both to output simultaneously, but I also need to at times select different sources for different rooms.

Seriously? Is the 876 that crippled????

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
There are discrete codes available for both HDMi outputs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandx /forum/post/15564132

That's what I was afraid of. I don't want to have to open the door on the front of the receiver every time I switch between my HDTV and Video projector.

Just curious, how can the Harmony One mimic pushing a front button on the receiver?

Thanks for your help,

Brian

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perhaps a bit more detail? Where can these codes be found, and what remotes can implement them?

Brian

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
The Logitech Harmony setup has it already as far as I know.

Check the corresponding Onkyo threads for it.

What other remotes do support it too I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandx /forum/post/15587781

Perhaps a bit more detail? Where can these codes be found, and what remotes can implement them?

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts