AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i was given a onkyo surround sound its all RCA hook ups and my tv has RCA hook ups also I got the red and white hooked up from the TV to the onkyo idk if its digital or anlong I just wanna play the sound from my tv to the speakers it has multi inputs I  can get it were I hear the sound on the volume moving up and down on the clicking idk what channel I need to hook to I have multi- input , video vcr1, video vcr2, video vdp tv3, tape1, tape monitor2, fm, am, phono, cd, those are all the buttons I have and on the back I have red yellow and white for all channels but phono, cd they have red and white only iv tried every thing I could think of  sorry if the was the wrong place to post it was the only place it would let me im new to this

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The best way to learn anything is get the manual. Try the Onkyo website and do some looking around and you may just find it. Also Google it and there may be a lot of info there. Just to give you a hint don't use anything yellow. If you want to play sound through the AVR find the audio outs on the TV set run it to audio input on the AVR. There well be buttons on the face of the AVR that correspond with the inputs on the rear. push it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured it out the rca ports on m tv were inputs and not out put so the only sound out put I found other then hdmi was coaxial something like that so I ordered a converter for it coaxial to analog rca

1 - 5 of 5 Posts