AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which has better sq? Onkyo review not so good on what hifi but it has bluetooth and wifi which is nice where pioneer doesnt. Pioneer might have better sq and seems to be identical to the Elite VSX-70 hardware wise.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Onkyo, Pioneer, Yamaha, Sony???

All poor sound quality if you ask me. Ridiculous misleading power ratings and wimpy power supplies that can't deliver anything like adequate power.

If you want good sound quality then NAD and Cambridge Audio and perhaps Marantz are the place to look.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they're all mediocre brands. Marantz is nice and priced to be at least somewhat accessible vs other two, but im just looking for something to replace a dying vintage receiver. Both of these units have transformers around 600w which isnt bad. But they are ab of course, but that may be a good thing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the cambridges. What do you guys think of emotiva. I was once thinking of getting an xpr-1 to power my TC 5100. But in fact it was that driver that kind of convinced me that the really expensive stuff isn't that much better, for it doesn't perform that amazingly for being considered one of the best. For the price I could have gotten about five standard 18s and had a much more even response. and more fun building cabs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts