AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I posted a serious issue I was having with this new, and admittedly low-end, receiver. It was dropping sound and picture intermittently for seconds at a time, making it unusable. Unfortunately, I had started streaming movies through the internet at the same time I bought the receiver, so for a long time I thought that was issue. By the time I isolated the problem to the receiver, it was too late to return it for credit. It was suggested that I needed to send it to Onkyo's authorized service center, for this region, United Radio in Syracuse, NY. They had it for a month, said they replaced a defective hdmi board, and I just received the unit back last night. (By the way, I had to pay to ship it to them). I reconnected and re-set it, and it's better, but the problem still exists, particularly in one of the hdmi inputs. I'm a great believer in the lemon principal, that they do get made by otherwise good companies. I called Onkyo to suggest that they replace the unit rather than me sending it back, and they wouldn't hear it. "Send it back to the service center, that's all your warranty allows". Very short and rude. UR sent me a return label because I insisted I wouldn't pay for shipping. So now I have to pack it up and send it back again, and what are the chances they'll get it right? I am beginning to strongly dislike Onkyo and this unit, even though it has really good detailed sound and a strong picture. I guess I'd really like to take it to the dumpster and hook up my 30 yr old Kenwood with component hookups like I have been doing while without the Onkyo and forget the whole experience, but I'm stubborn. Any feedback, ideas, etc? It amazes me that Onkyo is willing to make angry enemies for a bad $200.00, because I 'll give UR one more chance, but then I'm done, and Onkyo and UR will have created an implacable and very vocal enemy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.