AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about saving some money and going with the older 605 as opposed to the 606 (I currently have a 603 that I want to upgrade cause it isn't HDMI, Dolby TrueHD, MA compatible).

I'm also looking at the 705.

Basically, is the 606 just a 'newer' version of the same product or is it different in ways that I should know about?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockt327 /forum/post/14161493

I'm thinking about saving some money and going with the older 605 as opposed to the 606 (I currently have a 603 that I want to upgrade cause it isn't HDMI, Dolby TrueHD, MA compatible).

Basically, is the 606 just a 'newer' version of the same product or is it different in ways that I should know about?

There is a difference, if you go to onkyousa.com (I think that is the site), you can compare the models side by side. The differences might not be enough for you to go with the 606.

·
Registered
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockt327 /forum/post/14161493

I have a 805 and 506, the newer x06 units have AudysseyEQ. Until you here the difference it makes at less than reference volume you won't believe the improvement. Go for a x06 version you'll be glad you did......

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I would look at the official 606 thread. The beginning will get into the differences. If you can afford the 705 or 805 (refurbs?) there is a huge difference between those. Look at the official 705 thread first page.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts