AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please tell me which one is better onkyo TXSR607 vs TXSR806 as I am trying to choose between the two. Is there any other recievers better than these in that price range that I should also consider. Any suggestuions would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for clarity of sound and power. Also I heard pioneer (Pioneer VSX-1019) is better in terms of MCACC but low in terms of power as compared to onkyo (onkyo TXSR607).

Thanks,

dvd

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
In terms of power most AVRs are very close and will not be noticeably louder than one another. The 806 has better room correction over the 607 (607's 2EQ doesn't control the subwoofer). The 607 has the new Height channels if that means anything to you. The 806 also has pre-outs if you wanted to add a separate amplifier later (607 and 1019 do not). Video performance will be the same with all of them (OK, nothing special).

Personally I would go with the 806 as its MSRP is $1099 where the other two are $599. Refurbs from shoponkyo are a good way to get the units much cheaper than MSRP. Make sure you sign up to get all of the savings possible. I bought an 805 that way and it looked brand new when opened and came with all of the latest firmware updates.

All 3 units are nice and it really comes down to features you need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts