AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a cd player in the 300-500 range. I've read some favorable reviews for the Onkyo 7555 and the Music Hall 25.2. Does anyone have any experience with their reliability? Are there any options for auctions other than eBay?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Onkyo is pretty darn reliable in most respects. I have an Onkyo CD Changer (the C-390 or something, I can't remember the model and far less than $300. I think I paid just under $200 out the door).

Anyway, the only thing I don't like about it is that it does not have a calendar display and the remote is rather small. That aside, it has a some choices for hook up (I'm using fiber optic personally), a decent DAC and will play MP3 discs as well. (It will even show artist and song and such on the MP3s). I don't use it to play MP3s as a rule because I don't think one gets good sound quality from a compressed format).

(I have an Onkyo 705 receiver as well and it is very well built. Blew the stuffing out of the HKs I put it up against when I was shopping).

I haven't seen the model your looking at, but I think you'll find the build quality and such to your liking. I think if you just find out what DAC it uses and if it has the features you want, your good to go.

·
Registered
203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbossert /forum/post/17011545

I'm in the market for a cd player in the 300-500 range. I've read some favorable reviews for the Onkyo 7555 and the Music Hall 25.2. Does anyone have any experience with their reliability? Are there any options for auctions other than eBay?

I've had my 7555 for about a year and have had no problems. It's a very robust and well built CD player. I prefer the Onkyo over both my Oppo BDP-83 and the 981HD I was using before that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts