AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I have a dedicated room that has a JVC HD350 projector. I use it for Blu ray viewing, Xbox 360 gaming , and HD sports. The question I have is what is the difference between Onkyo's TX-NR3007 & the Integra DTR-70.1? I've heard its like Toyota compared to Lexus. But what I want to know is what is the actual difference. Is the Integra superior to the Onkyo? I'm ready to pull the triger. . I just want to make it count, especially with the wife being supportive. Gotta seize the moment.

-Alan

·
Lifetime Member
1,549 Posts
i see the assignable trigger 12v trigger out, and possibly multieq pro on the integra. there was a mention in the 3007 thread that someone sent their 3007 in for repair and received a integra hdmi board, essentially the same thing, asides from the markings.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokillerz /forum/post/18273792

i see the assignable trigger 12v trigger out, and possibly multieq pro on the integra. there was a mention in the 3007 thread that someone sent their 3007 in for repair and received a integra hdmi board, essentially the same thing, asides from the markings.

I get that feeling I'm just better off getting the Integra. Thing is in my area the distributor says it will take 14 days & best Buy has the Onkyo. I guess I can wait.

·
Registered
146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ox1216 /forum/post/18274935

I get that feeling I'm just better off getting the Integra. Thing is in my area the distributor says it will take 14 days & best Buy has the Onkyo. I guess I can wait.

if thats the case, why did you go with the hd350 instead of the rs10????

ones for the custom installer/pro market and the other for consumer. same thing except for the audyssey pro, branding, warranty (3yr vs 2yr) and cosmetics. performance wise exact same.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngryu /forum/post/18275441

if thats the case, why did you go with the hd350 instead of the rs10????

ones for the custom installer/pro market and the other for consumer. same thing except for the audyssey pro, branding, warranty (3yr vs 2yr) and cosmetics. performance wise exact same.

The HD350 was a projector I actually got to demo. The wife and I feel in love with it, & I got a great deal on it. Funny thing is the Integra from my local dealer is only a 100 bucks more. Gonna go with that. Thanks guys for your input. I'll check back in with updates.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

I honestly do not know if the Lexus/Toyota analogy really even applies. Aside from the longer Warranty, they really are identical.

In all honesty, the silver Volume Knob has always turned me off Integra. Moreover, I prefer the hidden door on the Onkyo Models. However, it certainly is a matter of preference.

On the whole, Integra is aimed at the CI Market and not Hifi Stores. The 12V Triggers are a nice thing to have. However, I am not sure it is worth the additional cost.

Cheers,

AD

·
Lifetime Member
1,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ox1216 /forum/post/18275498

The HD350 was a projector I actually got to demo. The wife and I feel in love with it, & I got a great deal on it. Funny thing is the Integra from my local dealer is only a 100 bucks more. Gonna go with that. Thanks guys for your input. I'll check back in with updates.

if you do ever decide to look into onkyo, look at newegg on saturdays.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokillerz /forum/post/18275683

if you do ever decide to look into onkyo, look at newegg on saturdays.

WOW.. . I looked at newegg and that's a great price as of now. Does it drop even more on SAturdays??

-Alan

·
Registered
146 Posts
i pretty sure you can find the onkyo waaay less then the integra since there are more online sellers of the onkyo. either way you go, both are a great choice.

·
Lifetime Member
1,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ox1216 /forum/post/18275783

WOW.. . I looked at newegg and that's a great price as of now. Does it drop even more on SAturdays??

-Alan

hmm that might be the normal weekend price, the lowest i've seen is still quite a bit under current price. but yes the prices on the onkyos are killer!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I chose to go w/the DTR 70 and it's been a wait for delivery... maybe in next week or so is latest... has anyone actually got their hands on one of these yet? I've bought a lot of computer gear from newegg and stuff at best buy but ultimately like to support local home theater shop when it comes to a/v gear...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got mine this past Thursday (Had to wait one month on the order...they were "back logged") Now that I have it it was WELL worth the wait. The room calibration and correction was/is AWESOME!! This piece is nothing short of AMAZING!!! I CAN'T GET OVER THE SOUND QUALITY.. EVEN AT LOW VOLUMES.

-ALAN

·
Registered
3 Posts
integra musta hit a good price point with the dtr 70 as we'd waited two months of backorders before my dealer simply provided me with an 80.1 with no wait at all for shipping (and had to deliver two as first was DOA)... anyways, this is my first time using audyssey to set up and I like it... I'm a little disappointed w/quality of upconversion on strd cables channels from comcast box... running 5.1 now and saving for the 4 add'l speakers...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilburox /forum/post/18568137

integra musta hit a good price point with the dtr 70 as we'd waited two months of backorders before my dealer simply provided me with an 80.1 with no wait at all for shipping (and had to deliver two as first was DOA)... anyways, this is my first time using audyssey to set up and I like it... I'm a little disappointed w/quality of upconversion on strd cables channels from comcast box... running 5.1 now and saving for the 4 add'l speakers...

When you redo your room calibration I would follow the following link.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post14456895

I followed it to the T and MAN does my system sound incredible. I did the 8 seating postions, turned the gain on my sub to 4 (lowering it) and set the crossovers so all the LFE channels went to the sub and WOW its like a totally different world. Now I have to watch all my blu rays over because I'm hearing new sounds in the audio track. Good luck.

-Alan

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used four locations and I'm now watching Blu Rays again as well... my only issue w/the set up is that my side surrounds are kinda close to side seating. I'm using dipole to help disperse as knew this would be issue, however, there is definately a difference between ideal seating in middle of room vs seating on each side and near the side surrounds... when I get add'l speakers I figured I'd locate the two back ones before wide ones and for backs use direct to help in reducing use of sides... in meantime I'll play around with some manual adjustments of speaker levels: ctr and sides...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gotta say. . .after learning how to calibrate my room. . .this is truly an amazing reciver.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts