AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I am speechless. I placed a preorder with an online store almost three weeks ago. They quoted a price just north of 5999 and I thought that was a great price.

But warning sign one, they could never tell me when the shipment was arriving. They kept saying few weeks. They could not tell me what number I was on the waiting list (they don't keep that kind of list!!)

I called today to see what's up, and they now increased the price almost five hundred dollars and they could still not tell me the delivery date. Kept saying Sharp was not giving out delivery dates....

I don't know if this is normal procedure but surely seems unfair to increase the price after you committed to the price on the phone and I handed over my credit card info. One thing to be on a waiting list, but I COMMITTED to the purchase!!

I think I will go with Onecall now. They seem to be the only one with stock in hand and no sense waiting till November when I wanted to watch the baseball playoffs in HDTV!!! I know that they are legitimate.

Just venting. Sometimes its not worth trying to save few hundred bucks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.