AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with buying a plasma online from Vanns? If so, could you PM me? Am considering a purchase from them.

In general, have people had good experiences buying plasmas online? What about having the plasma shipped from an online etailer via UPS or FedEx ground? I generally have good luck with both, but if I am looking at spending several thousand dollars I want to be extra cautious. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Frank

·
Registered
533 Posts
Frank,

Don't allow anyone to ship you a plasma display via FedEx or UPS.

FedEx Freight is ok, but in our experience, UPS and FedEx will tip and destroy plasma displays 50% of the time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a great experience buying online. To put it simply, you need to really check out the Internet dealer and understand the return policies. By reading this forum I was able to determine which Internet dealers were reputable. As for shipping the Internet dealer personally delivered the plasma to my door in the back of a pick-up truck since I was within 30 miles of the warehouse. Good luck

Dave

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
There was a thread on here maybe a year ago from a poor guy who had shipped his plasma back for repair via FedEx. It was damaged in shipping, so he put a claim in. Turns out if he had read the huge disclosure you have to sign, it says you ship plasma displays at your own risk, which the counter drone hadn't pointed out to him, even though he mentioned he was shipping a plasma. In addition, he bought optional insurance for it, which FedEx said wasn't valid either. Not sure how the story turned out...

My Pio was shipped via Eagle, I think. I was very pleased with their service.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ordered a 503cmx from 1800plasmas (they also match advertised prices) on fri and it was at my house noon the very next tuesday. Very painless, literally took me

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I ordered from Dell, who usually ships plasmas via Eagle Freight. Very professional outfit - they know how to handle delicate shipments like plasmas. They will schedule delivery at your convenience, including deliveries during the early evening.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Well, Eagle Freight dropped the ball with me, twice. They sent 1 overweight kid out to "white glove" deliver a 175 lbs. direct view set, then subsequently sent the same one guy back to pick it up when I returned it. Then, after I ordered a 36XBR (235 lbs), they were intitially planning to send the same one kid back to deliver. When I insisted they send personel capable of really delivering the set, they kept in at a loading dock for a couple of weeks before I tired of waiting for it and had it returned before it got to me. YMMV

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I thought Danzas.com did a great job shipping all the way. The comment above about searching specific vendor names in this forum is a smart idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.