AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
depends what you want out of RG6. However an example of something relatively inexpensive ($50 for 250') can be found at http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...=304&sku=28735

Now you can rewire your house, make a few video cables for yourself and friends.

if you're looking for something like quad shield you'll find it available at Home Depot. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Whats wrong with your local Hardware Store? I picked up a spool of RG6 at my local Home Depot. Dont remember the price, but I remember not being able to find something online that was cheaper AFTER shipping.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Nothing wrong with the hardware store as long as you know what you are getting. Some of them sell copper clad steel cables as their stock RG6. Horrible stuff for audio and video. You also don't know how good the shielding is, what the dielectric is, etc.

Hey, if you are hooking up the SO's 13" in the kitchen, no problem. If you are wiring from the outside world to your HT, I would spend the little extra and make sure you know what you are getting. God knows the cable signals are bad enough without any help ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.