AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I helped my son subscribe to Sirius online but logging in each time to the Sirius Player has become a real pain since it not only asks for his Username and Password but you also must fill in a text box (with hard to read for even me) slanted distorted letters and numbers. I guess this text box is to deter spam or something.

Normally this wouldn't be that big of an issue but he is blind and uses a Windows screen reading software called JAWS (using IE) which won't read the log in box for the player, I also tried Firefox thinking it maybe it could remember and maybe by-pass the player log after the initial log in (especially the text box) but no go.

I found a Yahoo Widget Sirius Player that did by-pass the player log in and thought I had found a solution but his JAWS wouldn't read the player. This seemed like the ideal solution because once I logged in his Username and Password the first time it didn't require any further log in's plus we didn't have a text box to deal with.

Any ideas of a workaround where he could log in his Username, Password and Text box and by-pass it the next time like the Widget player could do?

·
Registered
237 Posts
There is a little speaker looking button next to the Captcha login box that you can click on and it will read the contents of the squiggly text box. JAWS will read the GIF image as accessibility.gif if you are reading the screen for it. Clicking that GIF should make the text read.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmo2020 /forum/post/16927049

There is a little speaker looking button next to the Captcha login box that you can click on and it will read the contents of the squiggly text box. JAWS will read the GIF image as accessibility.gif if you are reading the screen for it. Clicking that GIF should make the text read.

Thanks but it still won't work according to my son he says if you click on the speaker with the mouse it will read out the numbers instead of having to do the text box thing but he can't enter it with the keyboard. I just found this in a search http://afb.org/message_board_replies...069&FolderID=7 so JAWS may need 3rd party help to do what we want to do. We may try this http://www.webvisum.com/ to see if it will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfn111 /forum/post/16929015

I have had good luck with the Stream_On player for Sirius. This player has a remember me check box for continious log in.

Just search for Stream_on.

We will definitely give this a try thanks alot!

·
Registered
214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfn111 /forum/post/16929015

I have had good luck with the Stream_On player for Sirius. This player has a remember me check box for continious log in.

Just search for Stream_on.

This works great, have been using it for years!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.