Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I recently came over a General Electric 410E Imager (same as NEC GP3000) that is in very god condition. Tubes are as new and both remotes are intact and working fine. I set the PJ up and I now feed an s-video signal from my Pioneer 636D DVD-player.

The biggest set back seems to be that the PJ ONLY works with R1-DVDs, that is NTSC-titels. If I put a R2 in the image won't sync, it just flickers vertically. I can stabilize it a bit with the vertical hold button but the image is only black and white and is not usable at all.

My dvd has ha switch (on the back) that controls color output and can be set to Auto, PAL and NTSC. No matter how it is set though the image flickers, or rolls. My dvd-player is region- and macro vision free.

I tried with another dvd-player that has the settings for output within a menu but with the same bad result. Only NTSC, R1-DVDs work (regardless color output setting).

I wish to play all DVDs through this PJ, is it possible and if so, how?

A couple of other questions about this PJ.

Is there a way to find out how many hours it has been burning?

Is there an "offical" way to silence the fans?

What is it worth in the used PJ market?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Pick up a used DVDO line doubler cheap. It will look WAYY better, and should work. The projector does not care what you feed into it on RGB.

Marc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what good a line doubler would do for me.... (regarding my question that is. However I just fined out that this PJ probably needs a PAL-converter which is a stanard accessorie. I will do a seach for that and see what comes up.

Regarding picture quality I'm sure a LD would be great for this PJ and that is something I will look into as soon as the PAL issue has been solved.

Regards

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Solved! I found that the seller of the PJ forgot to tell me there was a separate unit for the PJ, a box called SI-5320 "System Interface".

I have this unit now and whatever I connect to it an RGBHV is sent to the PJ. No problems with regions of any kind. Perfect.

I have both manuals in pdf's if anyone else is in need of them. That is, for both the PJ and SI.

Regards.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Oh my god, yes! I TOTALLY forgot about that interface. The GP series was NTSC only natively, and the interface has a quad decoder to RGB, plus a switcher in one. I am glad your problem was easy to solve, however you are still not taking advantage of the projectors TRUE ability. Maybe someday you'll run a line doubler or HTPC, and get a real eyeful of what this unit can really do.

Marc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.