Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only one input in the bedroom.

Is it possible to use the UTV with only one sat input (using only 1 tuner of course) or will UTV usage be completely disabled.

I want to be able to record/watch one show at a time and be able to watch previously recorded shows on the UTV receiver that I plan to move into the bedroom (the bedroom having only one sat line).

kgs

·
Registered
39 Posts
You should be fine with only using one feed. In fact, if you asked, you could probably pick up a box with one broken tuner for almost nothing if you asked people here....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes it will work , I used mine for a while with only one,till I got my second dish on the roof. I actual use one lead from one dish and one from the other now.

charles

·
Registered
120 Posts
WCT3,

Wouldn't it been easier to install a dual-feed LNB?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RJK-

My issue, and I assume WCT3's, is retrofitting a UTV receiver into a room alreading having a single feed. I both don't have the time or the resources/LNBs right now to run another cable. (3 sat dish, four lines coming out so I'd either have to upgrade the switch, re-route cable by killing one TV, or install another dish on my three-story roof)

Like WCT3's, my long term solution may be installing my round dish (gathering dust in the attic) on the roof to get 2 more LNBs (maybe get a stronger signal for a certain satellite too). For now, I'd just rather have the ability to record one extra show a day with a second UTV.

kgs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.