AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a question that i haven't seen asked. is it at all possible to take a mpeg file that has been recorded from another source and use a program like swapDV so that you can view them on your TV?

for example, let's say you downloaded a movie trailer mpeg file. is there a way to create the other 2 files that the replaytv unit needs in order to read the mpeg file? if so you could then use swapDV and serve it up to all the units on the network?

if this is possible and i've missed it somehow, my apologies. i've heard 'can i back up my replaytv files to my pc?' and 'can i watch streamed video at my pc from a replaytv unit?' and every other possible variation but never this.

thoughts ?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, looks like this has been addressed several times. sorry making it a redundant issue but thanks, JTL, for bring the threads of interest to my attention.

it looks like at this point, playing a mpeg from a different source is quite the complicated matter. all of these thread links definitely help someone attempt to sink their teeth into the situation.

again .. much thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
lol :)

seriously, i hope this does happen soon, i'd be very happy to get rid of the pesky wireless unit i use now that connects my pc to my replay so i can record things from my computer to replay (kludgy, but works)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.