AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 92" wide 16x9 DIY white crt goo screen done finally and it looks awesome. I bought 1 liter of each the base and topcoat and while it took all the base coat, I only needed half the topcoat when cutting it with filtered water about 20percent. Before this I used different spray paints and even tried some 8 dollar halfgallon of dollar store flat white :D As stupid as it sounds, the dollar store paint looked the best to me not counting the goo of course... The main difference for me is the colors are infinitely finer and the dark areas are much more detailed and just plain nicer to look at. I used my "old screen" with the flat white paint for half the image of starwars ep 2 and the new goo screen for the other and the differece almost makes me kick myself for not buying it before wasting all that time... good thing I get pleasure in tinkering hehe. Nice job Goo Systems. I use the X1 which does not need the digital grey lite, in my opinion the darks are darn near perfect with the crt white goo and the colors and whites get the extra push too. If you like to do things yourself but aren't fond of nickel and dime-ing away your checking account searching for the perfect screen materials, save yourself the headache and get this goo...:cool: I don't review things often cause I'm a picky ******* but I just wanted to add my leftover 2 cents to the other good reviews of this goo...

·
Registered
271 Posts
You say the X1 could use digital light but you used crt, why. I want extra gain and was thinking of comprimising by using CRT base and digital grey light top coat. Sounds great, did you spray or roll?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
rolling the digital grey lite on the CRT white basecoat turns out to be a bit problematic. Thsi is due to the translucency of the topcoat mix, and the lighter tonality of the basecoat mix. it is reccomended that you try and spray thatparticular two mix combination. it works FANTASTIC with the X1.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spray is the way.... 8 ) I only have seen the white crt with my eyes and lemme tell ya the difference is stunning. I was weighing the darker blacks against the punchier whites and colors and decided the blacks were fine, so I went with the crt white. I am not sorry and I did not give up too much of the darks..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.