AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4504 with remote but nothing else (no cables, no box so no rebates, no manuals, nothing) for $200. I want to hear if people here think this is a good deal? Remember no box = no rebates.

·
Registered
30 Posts
not true on the rebate thing. I just got an open box from CC....had then write a nice letter that stated that it's an open box.

Called the Rebate department at SB, they said that would be fine....

So, got it for 124 with rebates and open box....GO FOR IT.

Also, besure to ask about the manuals...they had the manuls and cables for mine in a zip lock bag in the back....

Good luck,

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did buy it but I can always return it. They did not have the manuals but I don't really need them except maybe for increasing the resale value. I already have a 4040 (upgraded to 4120) for about a year (that's when they were $700) and I had showstopper before that.

I have to buy cables of course but being able to get the $50 rebate will be more than make up for it. I will have to go back and ask about the letter.

Do you remember who you talked to at the Rebate Center?

Let's say I don't get the rebate, its still a good deal, right?

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
No rebate=no great deal. I think you should cut your losses and sell it to me for $200.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a 5040 for $270 before rebate but the fan was noisy so I paid $30 s/h to return it to GG. So it would have been $220 after rebate.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the Rebate Center and they told me that Sonic Blue is very strict with their rebates and would not honor any rebates without the UPC. She said I could try to contact the corporate office to see what they say but I have have not been able to get through on those phone lines :(

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
My almost-legit rebate didn't go through :( (Date was like 3 days before rebate period started)

I wouldn't risk it.

Frankly, the mgr might be willing to move a little on the price because of no parts included.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$200 was as far down as he was going. It started at $234 after rebate which, of course, you can't get without the UPC code. I think $200 outright & no rebate hassles is fair. I buy better cables anyway so it works out. Its only been a few hours since I have been playing with it and already having a second (forth if you include DVArchives) unit is so cool. I have mega storage plus dual tuners. I watch where I want not only what and when I want.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is odd. My old 4040 is running software version 520430290 (in other words 4.3 build 290) but my new 4504 is running 520430300 (4.3 build 300). My 4040 has had plenty of time to get any updates why would it be at a build that is lower? The hardware is identical except for the fact I upgraded the 4040 to 120 GB.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nevermind. I found a reference in another thread as to the 290 vs. 300 SW version discrepancy. Looks SB had some trouble with ver. 300. It makes sense that they have stopped distributing it until the bugs are worked out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.