AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Open Box C9 77” at Best Buy with free delivery and a $200 BB gift card for $2249.99!

Call one of your Best Buys and have them search for one in the area. Even if they find one in another city - in your state, of course - they will take payment over the phone and ship the tv to you for free and mail you the $200 gift card! I had sucess with this in the central Florida area. Delivery on Monday! (Btw, anyone know a good divorce lawyer?) 🤔

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Open box, buyer beware. Best price showing for me via their website is $3600 (sold out).
If you rely on their website for this particular scenario then you will fail. You have to call a store in your area and let them use their system to potentially locate one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I managed to get the same deal on the 77inch C9 display model here in PA at a Best Buy that's an hour away from me. It took several phone calls but I'm very excited to be picking it up tomorrow.

Similarly, the price shown on the website was substantially higher than what I was quoted when I called.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I called my local Best Buy and they located one about 1.5 hour drive away. His system wouldn't let him order it for me and have it shipped. Only option he gave me was to drive and pick it up.
Any cosmetic issues with these open boxes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw this deal initially in another thread on here, and was able to snag an Open Box 77" C9 for $2249 with $200 Best Buy Gift card. I asked about the $229 Bluetooth Speaker it was also showing you would receive online for the 77" C9(New), but the associate who helped me didn't see anything in his system. I didn't have a real use for it so I didn't push the issue.

Feeling very lucky as my store had just taken back a customer return on the 77" C9 that I ended up purchasing. It came with everything excluding the remote, which isn't a big deal as that shows up from Amazon for $31 in two days, but was very nice to get the stand and box to transport it home. Best part of all is the TV only had 48 hours on it. Display is perfect as you'd expect for those hours, with no dead or stuck pixels, and great uniformity. The remote missing, and a very small mark on one side of the bezel is the only downside versus brand new, which I can more than live with for the savings.

I called around to every store within 50 miles of San Diego showing Open Box stock, and it seems like this deal is meant to only apply to retired Display Models, which is still a screaming deal at $2049 effectively. Not sure quite how the one I ended up purchasing qualified, may be at a managers discretion. Definitely worth calling your local store if they show open box stock of what you want, bear in mind it rings up differently than the price displayed online so you must call.

There was still a display model up for grabs as well at my local store, and two other stores in San Diego, but they came with no box, stand, or remote. They will also presumably have in the 5000 hours of use range, however with how LG has been taking care of burn in and other issues, it likely wouldn't be a problem to have the display replaced by them if needed. May just be a non issue entirely given the 2019 models are supposed to be even more resistant to burn in.

Feeling very good about my purchase, as I had been causally looking to upgrade to a 77" C9 from my 65" B7, but wasn't all that interested over the $3000 mark.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called my local Best Buy and they located one about 1.5 hour drive away. His system wouldn't let him order it for me and have it shipped. Only option he gave me was to drive and pick it up.
Any cosmetic issues with these open boxes?
Call THAT store. They should be able to let you pay with CC and ship it to you.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Good luck!

Just picked up the 77 C9 today. Had to rent a uhaul van and bring my own box (since it was the display model) to get it home. I drove like I was bringing a new-born home from the hospital.

Just got it mounted on the wall and it looks great!!

What am I doing wrong? Found an open box locally, spoke to someone and they quoted me a price of $3,800. Even after I asked if that is the best they could do they wouldn't budge. Not worth it since they are on sale for $4,500 new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry Neil, didn't mean to quote your post.
No worries. I don't know if it matters or not but the condition of the one I got was "open box - satisfactory." Since it was the display unit, they didn't have the stand or the remote. That was fine with me as I was mounting it anyway and use a Logitech harmony.

Perhaps you might have better luck trying a different store?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What am I doing wrong? Found an open box locally, spoke to someone and they quoted me a price of $3,800. Even after I asked if that is the best they could do they wouldn't budge. Not worth it since they are on sale for $4,500 new.

What’s local to you? Mention “Friends and Family” deal

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
No worries. I don't know if it matters or not but the condition of the one I got was "open box - satisfactory." Since it was the display unit, they didn't have the stand or the remote. That was fine with me as I was mounting it anyway and use a Logitech harmony.

Perhaps you might have better luck trying a different store?

He’s right - there are different open box condition prices. It sounds like yours was either ‘Excellent’ or some such. Mine was also ‘satisfactory’. Btw, CAV is $4000 OTD for 77CXPUA.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the stand separately?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
‘Just got mine delivered. No box, no remote - doorway delivery only - bare TV on the stand with manual. Obviously a store demo (3765 hours on it.) In very good condition with clean screen and back. No burn in or dead pixels (although it did do a pixel refresh right when I turned it on.) ‘Very happy so far.

Btw, to those concerned about the extra hours on the TV, here is the official LG statement on panel lifespan,

"When we first started manufacturing OLED TVs in 2013, their lifespan was some 36,000 hours," said Lee Byung-chul, Vice president for LG Electronics to Korea Times and continued; "technological development has extended it to 100,000 hours now. This is equal to 30 years, if a user watches our OLED TV for 10 hours a day."

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
For those who have purchased the Best Buy models what condition were they listed as? My area has one that’s satisfactory and the other is fair. Do the demos carry a full warranty since it was never sold to a customer?

Also how do you achieve the price without a friend or family that works at Best Buy?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
For those who have purchased the Best Buy models what condition were they listed as? My area has one that’s satisfactory and the other is fair. Do the demos carry a full warranty since it was never sold to a customer?

Also how do you achieve the price without a friend or family that works at Best Buy?
Mine was satisfactory, minor scuffs on the back only; panel perfect, complete with box remote stand. 61 Hours!

You have to search stores with all conditions. Display will not have box, etc. Customer return (like mine) should

bob

1 - 20 of 109 Posts