AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
For those who have purchased the Best Buy models what condition were they listed as? My area has one that’s satisfactory and the other is fair. Do the demos carry a full warranty since it was never sold to a customer?

Also how do you achieve the price without a friend or family that works at Best Buy?
On top of that, can you return them since they only allow delivery or curbside pickup? Normally I would like to run it through some tests before purchase, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For those who have purchased the Best Buy models what condition were they listed as? My area has one that’s satisfactory and the other is fair. Do the demos carry a full warranty since it was never sold to a customer?

Also how do you achieve the price without a friend or family that works at Best Buy?
Call and talk to someone in their TV dept. My salesman said LG factory warranty applies.

On top of that, can you return them since they only allow delivery or curbside pickup? Normally I would like to run it through some tests before purchase, but that doesn't seem to be an option.
My receipt says 15 day return window.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
I guess someone local to me is reading this thread. I saw one satisfactory TV at the Ft Lauderdale location about two hours ago. I went to the grocery store and when I came back it was gone.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Was able to secure an open box satisfactory condition 77c9 for $2249 with the $200 gift card. Delivery is scheduled for next Tuesday since I don't have a vehicle with room to transport myself. I bought the 2yr geek squad to cover it since I'm buying without being able to see it and I know it covers burn in. All accessories are included and they said the panel is in great shape. It will be interesting to see how many hours are on it. This was too good of a deal to pass up and it's worth the risk buying unseen for the price! I have 45 days to test it out, but I'm thinking positive that it will be a keeper.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You have 15 days, unless you have an elite account, but this is only if you have it delivered or if you pick it up and transport it vertically. If you transfer it on its side, the associate can note that and they can refused a return (it's in the terms of agreement).

Mine was satisfactory, but it's entirely random if it's a floor model or a return. Mine was clearly a "rental" unit due to the hours (AKA, someone bought it, used it for a couple of weekends, then returned it).

·
Registered
736 Posts
Here's open box search link for LG 65" and up...may not be most accurate but sometimes it can be. Currently BestBuy is offering 50% of open box appliances, not sure if that carries to TV.s. I seen 77's available in Jax at a couple locations although price was listed at 3699 but there may well be additional discount in store

LINK

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Was able to secure an open box satisfactory condition 77c9 for $2249 with the $200 gift card. Delivery is scheduled for next Tuesday since I don't have a vehicle with room to transport myself. I bought the 2yr geek squad to cover it since I'm buying without being able to see it and I know it covers burn in. All accessories are included and they said the panel is in great shape. It will be interesting to see how many hours are on it. This was too good of a deal to pass up and it's worth the risk buying unseen for the price! I have 45 days to test it out, but I'm thinking positive that it will be a keeper.
How much did the two year protection run you?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Besides the minimum 15 day return period you still have a couple of weeks to buy the extended warranty.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Besides the minimum 15 day return period you still have a couple of weeks to buy the extended warranty.
Yeah I believe you have 30 days to purchase it. I am a Elite plus member so my return window is 45 days which I feel is plenty of time to check everything out without being rushed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do you know if they would ship to Canada? this price is great even with exchange duties etc

Our bestbuy's are closed so no one to call lol

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
So a local Best Buy has their Open Box - Satisfactory listed as $3600. You think calling them directly is the difference for getting it at $2300? What do I even say when I call...that other people are getting this price?

·
Registered
791 Posts
So a local Best Buy has their Open Box - Satisfactory listed as $3600. You think calling them directly is the difference for getting it at $2300? What do I even say when I call...that other people are getting this price?
Yep, just give them a call and the price should reflect the discount. The one I bought said $3824.99 Satisfactory online. Had it not been for the avs forum I wouldn't have known any better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just called and asked what the price was and they relayed the $2300 figure. Similarly, the price online was around $3600.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Only 2 within 150mi of me....one excellent and they won't budge on the $4000 price and one fair that's still on the wall with roughly 8500 hours on it....for the 2249.99...and I have to pick it up in either case....No shipping to either me or my nearest store.

It was a fun hunt though. Also, none of the stores I called (5) had any of the TV/HT staff working. YMMV. :eek:

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Only 2 within 150mi of me....one excellent and they won't budge on the $4000 price and one fair that's still on the wall with roughly 8500 hours on it....for the 2249.99...and I have to pick it up in either case....No shipping to either me or my nearest store.

It was a fun hunt though. Also, none of the stores I called (5) had any of the TV/HT staff working. YMMV. :eek:
Yeah, it was a fun try. You win some you lose some. I would have never thought about Best Buy.

Since I am about two miles from ebay's FirstclassTVs, I tell friends to look at their scratch and dents. I picked up my 55" two years ago for $1100. The only issue was a slightly bent bezel.

Oh and to the person that purchased the one in Ft Lauderdale. No need to hide. I am not upset in the least. I go back and forth all the time from sticking with my 55" and pj to going with just a 77". The X was probably where I was going to make the jump, but who knows.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this - i managed to snag one at a store about an hour away from me in "satisfactory" condition that I have to pick up by Sunday. Unfortunately they won't deliver to me, so I'll have to pick it up in person.

Obviously I won't be able to power this thing on in their parking lot, but can anyone tell me what (if any) red flags I should look out for when picking it up?

They told me the condition of the set was due to the fact that it was missing screws for the mount. I've got to imagine there's more going on with it than that, but the lady on the phone was completely uninterested in getting me more info.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts

The deal is only on satisfactory or fair condition sets. Most of the time it's going to be the demo model without stand and sometimes remote. At least that's been my experience searching in the DMV area.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
The deal is only on satisfactory or fair condition sets. Most of the time it's going to be the demo model without stand and sometimes remote. At least that's been my experience searching in the DMV area.
Not true now. Lots of returns from the recent economic collapse. Mine had 61 hours

bob

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Not true now. Lots of returns from the recent economic collapse. Mine had 61 hours

bob
You got lucky! I've called over 10 stores in my area and all the units are demo models. At least in the 65" and 77" sizes that I inquired about. I need a stand and can't seem to find a way to buy one seperately.

21 - 40 of 109 Posts