AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Not true now. Lots of returns from the recent economic collapse. Mine had 61 hours

bob
I called a local Best Buy late yesterday hoping to get the deal on an open box 65" C9 listed in excellent condition and was told the sale only applied to those in satisfactory condition. That being said, it sounds like a few buyers might be getting the deal applied to better-condition units at some Best Buys.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
My local Best Buy confirmed they can do the $2250 on their Open Box. No stand or remote (which I don't need either anyways). Scratches on the back, but screen is untouched per the information the guy had access to. Wasn't told any possible hours. Have to pickup but that is OK. Calling back soon to finalize.

Only thing I have to finagle is the Gift Card. Associate told me it only applies to new items, bot open box.

·
Registered
651 Posts
... I need a stand and can't seem to find a way to buy one seperately.
There are universal VESA mount stands on Amazon and elsewhere, though not as many for 77-inch TVs. I also saw in the CX owners thread that a couple of buyers got the wrong stand and contacted LG customer support, who sent out the correct stand. So you might try that route. There's also a stand from the 55" C9 currently on ebay for $60 that the seller says might fit the larger C9s.

·
Registered
791 Posts
My local Best Buy confirmed they can do the $2250 on their Open Box. No stand or remote (which I don't need either anyways). Scratches on the back, but screen is untouched per the information the guy had access to. Wasn't told any possible hours. Have to pickup but that is OK. Calling back soon to finalize.

Only thing I have to finagle is the Gift Card. Associate told me it only applies to new items, bot open box.
Push for the gift card, mine was satisfactory and I received the gift card no questions asked. It should not matter about the condition of the unit.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
You got lucky! I've called over 10 stores in my area and all the units are demo models. At least in the 65" and 77" sizes that I inquired about. I need a stand and can't seem to find a way to buy one seperately.
Ebay is your friend

As a last resort you can also go to the LG website and get the contact name of one of their parts distributors. It will be a more expensive that way( and new)...but with the huge discount you got on the TV I would not be dissatisfied all in

Warren

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Awesome! Look forward to seeing everyone's impressions on these. Hoping we all score a good panel!
I was told I have until May 30th to return it. Worst case I bring it home and the panel isn't up to my liking I take it back. Only 40 miles away

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
After a couple of days...

‘Got the sucker mounted on my articulating mount after dismounting the waterboy (aka my outgoing OLED65C9PUA.) I did all of this myself which was pretty amazing methinks. I have found no flaws on the panel. Yes, it’s more reliant on good HD sources because of the bigger pixels. My mount gives me the potential to get rid of my front projector and screen as I can pull the OLED forward a couple of feet toward the couch for close to the same viewing impact.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I tried this today on a 55. Price is 749, but they will absolutely not give me the gift card, and they are telling me it wouldn't come with a warranty...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
I tried this today on a 55. Price is 749, but they will absolutely not give me the gift card, and they are telling me it wouldn't come with a warranty...
The gift card may be related to the price of the TV, but, for anyone having trouble getting it on the 77”, here is a pic of my receipt.

Attachments

Reactions: bpmurr

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
The gift card may be related to the price of the TV, but, for anyone having trouble getting it on the 77”, here is a pic of my receipt.
Now I'm getting the run around saying they can no longer take payment over the phone and have to buy online. Of course the online price isn't correct. Dealing with Best Buy is such a hassle.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Now I'm getting the run around saying they can no longer take payment over the phone and have to buy online. Of course the online price isn't correct. Dealing with Best Buy is such a hassle.
Very true, unfortunately. It's like it all depends on who talk to when you call. Policy and procedures seem to change from person to person. I finally had a manager willing to let me pay over the phone because I was using my best buy card. Hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
was able to get this deal, as well. i just bought a new C9 after a pricematch a few weeks ago but will be returning it. at the price, definitely worth the risk.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
The deal is dead. When I called two stores today the policy is under review and the discount is for employees only. I guess too many people were buying them too quickly. Oh well it looks like I'll just wait for CX prices to drop a little.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Just picked up my 77" today and got it home. Cosmetically no issues to the screen. Turned it on and checked hours: 6800. Running Pixel Refresher before looking at 5% slides. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
664 Posts
The deal is dead. When I called two stores today the policy is under review and the discount is for employees only. I guess too many people were buying them too quickly. Oh well it looks like I'll just wait for CX prices to drop a little.
I never could get anyone to answer at the stores near me anyway. Rang for over 30 minutes every time.

·
Registered
791 Posts
This goes with my buddies experience today. He called two stores that are within a two hour drive and was told it was a friend's and family price for employees and wasn't valid anymore. They should keep the price to sell them off. Not like these are flying off the shelves right now. If I'm going to pay $3850 for a satisfactory open box, I'll just buy a new one.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Just picked up my 77" today and got it home. Cosmetically no issues to the screen. Turned it on and checked hours: 6800. Running Pixel Refresher before looking at 5% slides. Fingers crossed.
Looking forward to your impressions with 6800 hours already clocked.

41 - 60 of 109 Posts