AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Anyone want to DM the name of a friend or family member that would be willing to let me in on this deal? I called a couple of stores and none of them would let me do it without a name or a code.

I'm in Phoenix area and there's only 1 77 left with a couple of 65s.
Actually go to the store. Someone will probably help you with it if you are physically there. If not, catch an employee heading out and offer them $20 to help you out.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
WISA Speakers with my OLED

So, most of these 2019 LG OLEDs support a pretty damn cool wireless speaker tech known as WISA that can supposedly eliminate the need for your AVR. I’m getting the Klipsch 5.1 setup in the next few days and will report. They recently announced an upcoming firmware to even make it Atmos compatible!

Update - No sooner did I bang out this post when the WISA transmitter popped up on my doorstep. First impression is frankly [hype] amazeballs! [/hype]

The sucker is almost as small as a hockey puck, gets its power from the TV’s USB, and - best of all - has a magnetic back so it attached right to my wall mount backing plate! I used a small USB extension cable to get it all the way through my wall mount cable manager and so far it didn’t even blink (see pic.)

Update 2 - I got the front Klipsch bookshelf speakers today. ‘Setup was crazy easy! They put out clean sound with substantial power. I am definitely not disappointed and can’t wait for the subwoofer and rears to come tomorrow! ‘Looks like the center will be next week. ‘Excited for the system’s possibilities and a receiver-less future!

Update 3 - I had a fair bit of back and forth getting my perferred setup. ‘Come to find out the 1st generation Klipsch WISA speakers DO work with the newer Axiim transmitters. This was great as I was able to get the 1st gen towers for the fronts - on closeout - instead of relying on the 2nd gen bookshelfs for fronts. The damn things sound great and I was able to eliminate a lot of spaghetti from my system (pic). No regrets.

Attachments

Reactions: Vg247

·
Registered
667 Posts
So, most of these 2019 LG OLEDs support a pretty damn cool wireless speaker tech known as WISA that can supposedly eliminate the need for your AVR. I’m getting the Klipsch 5.1 setup in the next few days and will report. They recently announced an upcoming firmware to even make it Atmos compatible!

Update - No sooner did I bang out this post when the WISA transmitter popped up on my doorstep. First impression is frankly[hype]amazeballs![/hype]

The sucker is almost as small as a hockey puck, requires no power, and - best of all - has a magnetic back so it attached right to my wall mount backing plate! I used a small USB extension cable to get it all the way through my wall mount cable manager and so far it didn’t even blink (see pic.)

I don't think I could stomach $2100 on this. Very cool, though.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Picked up the C9 65" with 3500 hours on it for $1100 + $100 GC. But TV is in flawless condition. Panel is perfect no issues there either. Came with remote and everything. Didn't come with stand but I was able to get that from a different store.

There is a pixel refresh feature in the TV to reset and refresh the pixels if the TV has been in use for long periods of time.

Looking to use this for the next 7-8 years iA. Set it up in the bedroom.

Also picked up some appliances while they were having a fire sale on those as well

Reactions: Sonyboy

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ended up with an open box 77" C9 (display with no burn in) for $2,024 and a $200 gift card! Great deal. Did not expect to upgrade from my 65" b7 for a while but was very hard for me to pass on this kind of deal

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was also able to jump on this deal. I actually had to drive 5 hours to get it, which is kind of crazy, but Best Buy wouldn't ship it to me no matter what I tried. I own a 65" B7, but I have been lusting after a 77" for years. It finally made sense for me to do it.

I am on the lookout for a stand, so if any anyone has a 77" C9 they don't plan to use, please message me!

·
Registered
667 Posts
If anyone was interested but couldn't get the employee pricing, BB is doing a pretty decent sale. All satisfactory open box are 40% off current NIB prices. The price for the 77" C9 in satisfactory condition (floor display) would be $2699. Might still be of interest? I think the $200 gift card is gone, though.

Reactions: Ericglo

·
Registered
380 Posts
Can anyone who purchased an open box C9 65” for 1100 with the $100 gift card post or send me a scanned copy of their receipt.
Also was the condition -fair or satisfactory?
My local best buy has a fair for 1209 and no gift card. Was wondering if they could price match another Best Buy store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can anyone who purchased an open box C9 65” for 1100 with the $100 gift card post or send me a scanned copy of their receipt.
Also was the condition -fair or satisfactory?
My local best buy has a fair for 1209 and no gift card. Was wondering if they could price match another Best Buy store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a deal they had last week. That deal is now over and the new deal I believe is just 40% off with no gift card

·
Registered
791 Posts
I ended up with an open box 77" C9 (display with no burn in) for $2,024 and a $200 gift card! Great deal. Did not expect to upgrade from my 65" b7 for a while but was very hard for me to pass on this kind of deal
Wow, that's a hell of a deal! Most of us got them for $2250 with the $200 gift card. How many hours does your 77c9 have?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, that's a hell of a deal! Most of us got them for $2250 with the $200 gift card. How many hours does your 77c9 have?
It looks like it has 6700 hours. No burn in or anything however. I’m debating on getting between the 2 year and 4 year warranty, did you guys also purchase it?

·
Registered
791 Posts
It looks like it has 6700 hours. No burn in or anything however. I’m debating on getting between the 2 year and 4 year warranty, did you guys also purchase it?
Nice! Yes, I purchased the 2 yr warranty myself. I believe others purchased at least the 2 yr as well. The TV was such a great price and being a open box made it easier to consider the warranty.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If anyone was interested but couldn't get the employee pricing, BB is doing a pretty decent sale. All satisfactory open box are 40% off current NIB prices. The price for the 77" C9 in satisfactory condition (floor display) would be $2699. Might still be of interest? I think the $200 gift card is gone, though.
I just found a 77" C9 in Fair condition for $2,474.99. I found it via an online search. Should I be able to negotiate a better price given that it's in Fair condition?

·
Registered
667 Posts
I just found a 77" C9 in Fair condition for $2,474.99. I found it via an online search. Should I be able to negotiate a better price given that it's in Fair condition?
Probably not at this point. Their on-hand open box inventory has dropped significantly and this particular event is pretty well laid out in the terms. You always have a chance they will do a manual override if you can talk to the GM or electronics manager, but I wouldn't count on or expect it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Was able to come home with a 77" floor model. No remote or stand, but I was able to score a stand just now on ebay. Powered it on and it shows 6,410 hours of use.

After going through the pixel refresher, the TV went into store demo mode showing videos. The picture looks really good to me. I'd like to check for burn in before I decide if I need the Geek Squad warrranty. Is there a preferred way to do this?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Was able to come home with a 77" floor model. No remote or stand, but I was able to score a stand just now on ebay. Powered it on and it shows 6,410 hours of use.

After going through the pixel refresher, the TV went into store demo mode showing videos. The picture looks really good to me. I'd like to check for burn in before I decide if I need the Geek Squad warrranty. Is there a preferred way to do this?
There are YouTube videos that you can run that cycle through the slides. You can also use the slides from RTINGS. Links appear about half way down the page under 'Uniformity Photos'.

I believe one of the threads in this forum has links as well if you search.

Still trying to decide if I want to buy the warranty as well. I never buy them, but a bit nervous on the OLED still.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Still trying to decide if I want to buy the warranty as well. I never buy them, but a bit nervous on the OLED still.
Hey thanks. I’ll check out a YouTube video. I see the links to images on RTINGS, but I’m not sure how I’d view those on the TV.

And yeah, I also never buy extended warranties. This is the first time I’ve considered it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
If you don't need the Best Buy burn-in coverage, the Costco Square Trade warranty gives you 3 years for $99 (I think someone said 5% more for non-members). With the 1 year LG warranty and and 1 or 2 years more by some credit cards, that'll give you 5/6 years of coverage.

·
Registered
667 Posts
If you don't need the Best Buy burn-in coverage, the Costco Square Trade warranty gives you 3 years for $99 (I think someone said 5% more for non-members). With the 1 year LG warranty and and 1 or 2 years more by some credit cards, that'll give you 5/6 years of coverage.
My only real reason to consider it is burn-in or I wouldn't consider it at all.

I use the BB card to get the 6% in points and just pay it off immediately. It doesn't offer the extension to warranty.

81 - 100 of 109 Posts