AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started looking at this tv a couple of months ago, but decided the price point was too high. Now that they've come down in price it seems like every Best Buy is out of stock.

I did find one for 10% off the most recent BB price, but it is a display unit. They are asking $3150. It is in the store mounted in the magnolia center.

Would you guys consider this unit at that price point? I have to move quickly and I wasn't sure if I should be concerned about the display set.

I also found another one that is open box with a dead pixel. It is priced at $3k. I was told I could buy it with the protection plan and the plan would cover that dead pixel. If they can't fix it I would get an equivalent or better TV. Is this true? Since they aren't carrying this unit anymore, what do you think I would get? Is it worth the risk?

What do you think? Should I go for either one, or skip it all together?

Of course both come with BB's very generous (sarcasm) 15 day return policy.

Please help, thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just spoke to a sony service rep. They said they would normally exchange or repair a tv for a dead pixel if the tv is under warranty.

Does anyone have experience with that?

I might go pick it up and see what they say while I have my 15 day return period. If I don't get the answers I want, I can always bring it back.

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the urgency, I just feel like I have to move on this if I want it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.