AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see any open-box Samsung's at Best Buy or Circuit City?

Any prices available?

I am kicking myself for not jumping on the $450 sale when I saw it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes BB has had one sitting in a corner for the last month, only $80 gift certificate. It looked really played the HDMI plug looked like it was inserted about a billion times scratches etc.

They also had an HD-XA1 for $299 which I would have jumped on had I saw it before I purchased a HD-A1.

-Craig

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went today and they told me it would be the same as a full price one. I ain't paying $799 for a freakin' open box.

I'm thinking $450 is the cheapest i'm going to get.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capek /forum/post/0

Ya, unless you can get for for around $300, I'd just go with a PS3. Though with the 20 giggers seemingly impossible to find, it looks like $600 is what you'll have to pay if you go that route.

Not a chance in hell I'm paying that kind of money. I didn't pay it for HD DVD (which I'm a proponent of) and i'm certainly not paying it for BD.

I'm not even sure why I'm contemplating paying a premium to get less. But I guess I'm bored right now.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
as rare-air says, our BB here also has a huge mound of the sammys, open box, but the box looked just fine - so you could probably find a pretty clean one if you wanted; but still 799, with BB gift cards or either 80 or 100 bucks, depending on how long they'd been sittin on the unit.

wish I could see an XA-1 for 3 bills - I'd jump on that, just for the heck of it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
PM me if you are looking for a good deal on a less then 6mos old refurb unit. I might be selling mine in favor of just using my PS3 as a BD player.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd /forum/post/0

Never buy a refurb or open box unit. You have no idea what the thing went through and what problems it may have.

Refurbs are often times better than new units, because they tend to go through more QA testing to make sure they're up to snuff. They just smell funny.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd /forum/post/0

Never buy a refurb or open box unit. You have no idea what the thing went through and what problems it may have.

Whoa.. factory furbs are a pretty safe bet. I am actually starting to have better luck with factory furbs than new product in all honesty.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad /forum/post/0

If you are actually looking for a Samsung BDP1000 here's one for sale...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=788841

thats my Sammy
, it makes me sad to sell it, I love the thing, of course with one like this you get the full warranty (9 months left) and it is cookin with latest firmware

I will never buy refurbs again, there is a reason why they have a 90 day warranty, burnt way too much on those

these places like Dakmart and AC4L are different, they are direct from the manufacturer and have 1 year+ warrantys

-Gary

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.