AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I think the work being done to Main Lobby is pretty sweet, I have a problem. I like to add things to programs, and well, main lobby isn't open source. So is there any front-end open source software for windows?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Hi L1st3r,

Actually I would have to somewhat disagree with you on MainLobby not being open-source. If you have Flash experience you are more than welcome to tap into all the features of MainLobby. That's the beauty of it.

If you've created a calendar app, your own graphics, just import it into an FX layer. Flash is probably one of the most popular and up-and-coming types of 'programming' architecture that is easy to learn as well as compatible.

And with ML's new command line, you'll be able to type in one line that will replace many lines of code already done by me.

I guess if you've never used Flash, then the source wouldn't benefit you regardless.

·
Registered
220 Posts
What's it cost to develop in Flash? Doesn't Adobe want big bucks for this, or have they come down in the last few years?

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Or consider SWISH @ about $50 !!!

Depends if you just want some simple animation or the full monty app control...

·
Registered
220 Posts
> Not a cheap tool, but a lot of people are using it these days.

With no guarantee it would meet my needs, I can't see paying that. Of course, I could be convinced otherwise, but I haven't seen a reason to be yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.