AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up Red River the other day and was curious if anyone else has been playing. So far so good, although it reminds me of Flashpoint, the different terrain and retooled order system is nice. It's a bit odd to have just played Medal of Honor and in some areas feel like if I flipped a switch I'd be playing MoH.

Has anyone given co-op a shot? My three friends who played Flashpoint with me back in the day aren't planning on picking up Red River. I'd be open for some AVS co-op action!

-JR

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I picked it up shortly after it came out. I enjoy it although it seems to be a little more CODish compared to the last (but not much) I could certainly do away with the needless cursing in SP. I loved MP in the last one. havent given it a try in this one

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller /forum/post/20888680

I picked it up shortly after it came out. I enjoy it although it seems to be a little more CODish compared to the last (but not much) I could certainly do away with the needless cursing in SP. I loved MP in the last one. havent given it a try in this one

I agree with you on the needless cursing. Although I'm still only on the first mission, the game would be much more enjoyable without the cursing and the ridiculously cartoony character that delivers the cursing. I've also got to admit that the "no-action" drives are pretty darned boring. Although I get them - they give the game a sense of scale, and I'm guessing that it's supposed to drive up tension as you drive to the next war-zone - they're simply too long. It doesn't help that you have to listen to that ridiculous cursing.

The other issue I have is that I dedicated over an hour to the game last night, with two attempts to go through the first level, and somehow wound up having to start the game from the beginning when I died (the very beginning - the shooting range and all that). I have to figure out how to save this thing, since I can't imagine the checkpoints are so far apart (I'm not on hardcore).

So far I'm a bit underwhelmed. I put in Flashpoint after and it just felt better all around, but hey, I'm not complaining.

If you're around this weekend and want to try some co-op, give me a shout. My Xbox ID is "SKULLFACE". I attempted to play MP last night, but all the servers I could see where locked to personal friends only matches.

-JR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.