AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks.. I'm currently driving my Runco DTV-930 with an iScan PRO (480p), but I know my projector's sweet spot is 720p or 1024x768. Can anyone with applicable experience comment on whether I'd be well served to grab one of the B-Stock QuadScans (an apparent bargain at $499) to replace my iScan? I got a taste of 720p when I hooked up my iBook directly to the projector (wow!), so I'm betting the answer is a qualified "yes," but I'm interested in real-world experiences if possible.. Note that $1000 is about the budget right now, so pieces like the pfp 7, NR, or Leeza are out of the ballpark for at least 6-18 months.

Thanks!

Dan

·
Registered
271 Posts
Driving your projector at the sweet rate offers the promise of filling in the image (especially vertically), that's good. Tradeoff is you'll be seeing the quality of the scaling, the projector and the sources that much better. You or your calibrationist will need to dial in the 720p setup using an HD test generator (Sencore/Accupel etc.) before making a final assessment on the image quality of the new setup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.