AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeFrohman /forum/post/0

Wondering the same thing. I am looking at a handful of 50" plasmas and noticed the price as well. Would love to hear more feedback.

Plasma Reviews has it #1 for plasmas 50" and larger

Ditto, i am down between this one and the Pioneer 5070 though.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeFrohman /forum/post/0

Where did you see the Pioneer? We have American here in town and I see it on the web-site but don't recall seeing it in the store.

I see the 5071 at BB, what is the difference?

I saw the 5070 online retailer, however was just using the 5071 as a reference.

I am guessing they are pretty similar, maybe the 71 is used to signify BB part number.. dunno

·
Registered
278 Posts
The 5070 and 5071 are exactly the same set. Best Buy adds a mini remote and changes the model # to 5071 so they don't have to price match.

I would say the Pioneer's and Hitachi's are in different classes. You may be better served by comparing the Panasonic's and Pioneer's. My opinion only.

If you search by brand and model you should be able to get some results for what you are looking for. There are stickies for these brands too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
just got back from BB. I looked at the Hitachi and Pioneer. The Hitachi was nice, but you also have to pay $200 for the stand. But the Pioneer 5071 was incredible. I think I will be going with the 5070 from one of the above on-line vendors. i also looked at the panasonic 60u, but it just didn't compare imo to the pioneer.

btw, the bb guy was saying the 5070 was last years model and i wouldn't be able to find one anywhere.

·
Registered
61 Posts
btw, the bb guy was saying the 5070 was last years model and i wouldn't be able to find one anywhere.[/quote]

More good disinformation from Best Buy.
Did he also tell you that you needed the $150 hdmi cord to get the best picture?

·
Registered
61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boe /forum/post/0

btw, the bb guy was saying the 5070 was last years model and i wouldn't be able to find one anywhere.

More good disinformation from Best Buy.
Did he also tell you that you needed the $150 hdmi cord to get the best picture?
[/quote]

As a matter of fact, he told me that it was important that I get the nicer cables for the best PQ.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
that's why every time I go into BB, and go to their PDP section, there is no one there buying anything, do they think that people are just going to fork over a couple of grand without doing research, apparently they think they have the market on PDP'S cornered, what a bunch of you know what's.

·
Registered
793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertec /forum/post/0

that's why every time I go into BB, and go to their PDP section, there is no one there buying anything, do they think that people are just going to fork over a couple of grand without doing research, apparently they think they have the market on PDP'S cornered, what a bunch of you know what's.

Course they do. BB sells far more plasmas than all the online vendors combined. Living in the fishbowl of AVS gives people a distorted idea of the real world of electronic marketing. BTW, the Hitachi is a great tv. Do not discount that extra five inches of diagonal picture size. It makes a significant difference in your home. The Pioneer is nice too but smaller and more expensive. OTOH, the Pioneer is much better looking cosmetically IMO.

·
Registered
278 Posts

There have been a few times in the past week I've seen people getting loaded up with "needed accessories". Makes me cringe these people don't know better than to buy $100 cables. HELLO!

Not to mention I was in one of BB theatre rooms checking out some sets and could not help but eavesdrop on the sales guy explaining to a poor sap how a Yamaha receiver put out more power than another brand because the Yamaha used 120 volts from the wall instead of 110 volts like the other brand. Where do they come up with this stuff?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.