AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a pair of Infinity SM-255's for my main speakers, and the SM-Video for my center channel. I'm VERY happy with the front sounds. I have a pair of cheap rears (replacing as I can afford it) and no dedicated sub. The 255's are rated down to 48Hz, and I get ok bass out of them, but I know I can get better :) I think that the surround effects will be better with a matched pair of rear speakers.

Someone has offered to sell me a pair of SM-102's and for the life of me I cannot find specs on them online. I know it has a 1" tweeter, and a 10" woofer, but I don't have sensitivity, range etc on it. Does anyone have a pair of these, and any ideas on if they would make good rear speakers (although a little on the big side....) Anyone know what a fair price would be?

Someone else is offering a HPS-500 Sub, which from what I've read/seen would do well for my system (my room is only 16'x10') Right now he's asking 350$ plus shipping (I've read on the HPS-100 this can be around 100$ for shipping). Is this a fair price? Or should I push for lower.

Thanks!

Rich

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.